LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 19, 2024, 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 1, 2019, 8:41 pm 

Hello everyone, Most of you know of my build. I tried to imagine if the Cheetah had continued and a street roadster was developed. I built it and styled the body to my taste. I had to make a plug for the body then have molds made in able for me to get a usable body. I used a fiberglass company to make the molds and my bodies. I've decided to offer them for sale.

The body is designed to fit over a frame that is 46 inches wide. The wheelbase is 93 inches. The tire size is 26 inches. The suspension I used is C4 Corvette. I'm going to have good drawings made of my frame and will include them with the purchase of a body. I'm also going to be offering frames.

Today I went to the fiberglass company to check out a body done in Red. I had the seams sanded down, sprayed with the Red then sanded and buffed. (the seams). This body is sold and I wanted to see it in person before it shipped. I like it a lot. I think if the entire body is wet sanded and buffed that it would be very usable as is. Not having to do body work or paint saves a ton of time, effort, and money. I know that a high quality paint job is a better finish but I drive my cars. I'm not building a show car. I think that if I put on a stripe in vinyl, vintage style numbers and decals that it would be a cool look. I ordered a couple more bodies today. One in Red and one in Blue. This winter I will remove the unpainted white body from my car and replace it with a colored one.

Pictured is my car. I used duct tape to put on a stripe to test the look. I like it. I love the size and look of the car. On August 6 I have an appointment with NY DMV. It all goes well I'll be on the road soon.

Bodies are $3900. With the seams taken care of $4500. Most RAL colors are available. FOB Warren, RI

PostPosted: August 3, 2019, 1:34 am 

Ooh, lovely. Here's wishing you well with the DMV. I eagerly await your post on the evening of August 6.