LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently September 19, 2018, 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Miata Engine
PostPosted: December 28, 2005, 6:31 pm 
No Relation
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mazda-MX ... dZViewItem

Mazda MX5 Miata

Complete Engine

with extras!

This auction is for a used Mazda MX5 Miata engine. It is complete with extra; fuel injectors, spark plug wires, and clutch.

This was bought for a temporary engine for my fathers 1990 MX5 while I rebuilt his orginial engine. He knew the milage before we got it, and after that I know it has traveled from Lansing Michigan to Laughlin NV then back with a few short trips (to the store or to work) in between.

He said at first it has smoked a little, but cleared up (understanding that it was shipped from FL, some oil could have been in the cylinders). When I removed the engine it was not smoking or using oil.

It also includes the power steering pump and resivor and alternator with a v-belt.

The one thing I do know is the O2 Sensor hole in the manifold has the threads pulled out (possibly repairable). Included are 2 O2 sensors.

It does not include a distributor.

As far an engines go, this is as close to "plug N play" as one would come for a replacement engine. Also remember that this is a USED engine and there is NO warranty implied period, it is "AS-IS".

For shipping, I will drain the fluids and put it on a pallet securely and take it to the shipper. Or you can pick it up locally. Also, I would deliver with in a 50 mile round trip from Mason, MI 48854 @ $.50 a mile. (email before bidding to see what would apply for you.)

The extra injectors have about 60k on them, they were replaced while trying to get some performance out of the orginial engine before the rebuild. The new ones didn't change the performance so I believe these are in good working order. The clutch was on the engine when we got it, I have no use for it and it comes with the engine.

PLEASE ask your questions well before the end of the auction as I only get to check my email once a day if that. That way I can go and look at the engine to answer your question to the fullest.

The engine has been stored in my barn on an engine stand ever since I removed it.

The engine tag number is as follows: JM1NA3518LO154837

My father had paid for a Carfax report, he has found it and it will be included with the engine. The Carfax report shows mileage at 57182 10/5/95, 11/19/97 the mileage was 35062. Carfax notes a possible mileage error. At best guess the engine has about 65000 miles with the round trip to NV back to MI. I will have the Carfax report in my hands on 12/25/2005 when my father arrives here in MI, so I can answer questions from the Carfax report then.

This is a 1.6L four cylinder. The block is set up for safely installing a turbo without fear of burning a piston.