LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 22, 2006, 11:13 pm 
OK, so this isn't directly related to our Locosts...but if you're looking for a daily-driver that's great on gas, practical, dead-nuts reliable...and most of all FUN, see below:

It's time to move on to something else, so the Pro must go!

The car is a 2003 LX with just the basic options: PW/PL/CD. I've installed Eibach springs on Tokico HP struts, AWR 21.5mm rear swaybar, AWR endlinks front & rear, 2-AWR poly motor mounts(I also have the other-2 not installed yet), and AEM intake. The car is riding on 205/50/15 Hankook Ventus Z212 SR's.

At our autocross school this spring, I let one of my fellow instructors drive the car. After his first run, he ran over to me smiling from ear-to-ear & exclaimed "What the hell have you done to that car??? It's amazing!!!"....this is a guy who's used to driving RX-7's, Vette's, etc. and who owns a 12a powered MG Midget! This is probably the closest you can get to a 4-door Miata. The car is incredibly tossable & responsive, without any *surprises* at the limit, yet the suspension is very comfortable - even on our pothole infested midwest roads. I get a consistent 32mpg in mixed hwy/city driving, and have never had any problems from the car. The intake is quiet below 4k, with a nice growl above it.

I bought the car 2-years ago with 15kmi on it. The car was orignally from the Tampa, FL area. I had a friend/fellow autocrosser/local dealership manager find this car for me & ship it up here. The car now has just less than 89kmi on it. I have taken meticulous car of it, performing all service(a full service log-book is included with everything performed within the last 2-years inside). Mobil-1 every 5k.

The car is in great condition, and needs absolutely nothing. The brakes have over 50% left, and the tires still have over 2/3rds of their tread. The back window & trunk lid were replaced 2-winters ago when a branch fell on it...I used the opportunity to have a few dings/scratches repaired at the same time(all work was done by a State Farm authorized body shop). No accidents or other repairs. There are a few small sratches/chips in the paint...I was going to take pictures, but they're too small to show up. The interior is in great condition.

All-in-all, this has been a very stealthy car. With the stock exhaust & wheels, I never get noticed by the police...even though I take most corners at 2x the posted limit. I've also won every autox I've entered with this car. It's really great to have a car that's this practical AND FUN to live with everyday, but since I drive so many miles, I usually only keep a car for a couple years & now it's time to move on to something else.

The car is in East-Central, IL - zip is 60963. $6500obo. I also have a 2nd set of wheels w/nearly-new Kumho all-season tires for an additional $450. Test-drives welcome, email for more details/info/questions: petegossett@yahoo.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 28, 2006, 1:49 pm 
Now on ebay with a reserve waaayyy below book value! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&item=250012328406&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 31, 2006, 10:42 am 

This is a mistake in your auction isn't it?

Quote:
Engine:
4 CYLINDER 2.0 LITER TURBO

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 31, 2006, 12:13 pm 
Odd??? It looks like there's no way to revise it now though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 31, 2006, 12:24 pm 

Pete Gossett wrote:
Odd??? It looks like there's no way to revise it now though...

I just wanted to give you a heads up. A winning bidder with buyers remorse could use it against you if you don't make mention of the mistake somewhere in the auction. There is a feature to add comments, wouldn't hurt to stick a note in there.