LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently May 14, 2024, 10:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 9, 2013, 7:00 pm 

I will be keeping this post updated with updated information as it is available.

As Tom so aptly pointed out, we've hit that magical time of year* that we try to prevent everybody else in the country from knowing that we actually get. As such another gathering of the afflicted seems to be in order.

I was thinking July 27th in Bellevue could work well. This certainly gives everybody a bit more notice than last time, although I know it's also a busy time of year for most people. The though was to start with lunch, then head over to the All British Field Meet at Bellevue Community College as a group to enjoy an afternoon looking at all the marvels of British engineering and craftsmanship.

Yes? No?

I'm also always open to other suggestions.

*Cloudy and rainy...It's ALWAYS cloudy and rainy here! :mrgreen:

"Orville Wright did not have a pilots license." - Gordon MacKenzie

PostPosted: July 9, 2013, 10:10 pm 

Driven5 wrote:
I was thinking July 27th in Bellevue could work well. This certainly gives everybody a bit more notice than last time, although I know it's also a busy time of year for most people. The though was to start with lunch, then head over to the All British Field Meet at Bellevue Community College as a group to enjoy an afternoon looking at all the marvels of British engineering and craftsmanship.

Justin,
The All British Field Meet is an interesting idea. Folks could even enter/display their Locosts. I've seen faux-Seven kits amongst the real ones there before. And they have a special section that includes one-offs, At@ms, etc. I've shown the Ultima in that section several times. They also sell hot dogs and have a beer garden there IIRC, and then there's a cocktail party in Kirkland the night before for folks who've registered their cars.

My Car9 build: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14613
"It's the construction of the car-the sheer lunacy and joy of making diverse parts come together and work as one-that counts."

Ultima Spyder, Northstar 4.0, Porsche G50/52

PostPosted: July 9, 2013, 10:35 pm 

Oh yeah, I didn't even really think of that. I think the "Only genuine British vehicles will be displayed, with exceptions at the discretion of the organizers." comment made me assume Locosts might not be quite what they were looking for.
:BH:

It would definitely be neat to see one or more Locosts in there, and I'm sure we could work the get together around any scheduling requirements. Otherwise I'm sure those in our group with completed cars would attract a little attention of their own, just in the parking lot...Or would you guys rather keep it more Locost-centric and avoid the ABFM entirely?

PostPosted: July 10, 2013, 1:59 am 

At first I was a tiny bit opposed to Bellevue. I can't tell you why but I don't like going there. Strange.

But the more I read about the options there the more appealing it gets.

If we do the ABFM I would be up for setting up our own mini show in the parking lot. Or entering. I'm easy.

PostPosted: July 18, 2013, 3:23 am 

Sounds workable. I should spruce up the bug a bit however, so it does not get too envious of the beauty of British sports cars.

PostPosted: July 18, 2013, 11:35 am 

Has anyone contacted the ABFM to see if we are allowed or welcome?
Noted on their website that cars on display will not be allowed to be moved between 11 am and 4 pm.
Display fee is $35 thru tomorrow (7-19) then goes up to $40.

JMR

My build log viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10658&start=0 NOW NAMED =The Wycked 7

My other build log viewtopic.php?f=18&t=15162 The Skayt'R6

PostPosted: July 18, 2013, 12:50 pm 

Since I have no car to display, I personally have not asked. The impression I get from the website is that cars like ours might need to be more on an individual case-by-case basis. If anybody chooses to enter, we can either just basically stick around the ABFM or I'm sure between those of us without completed Locosts we'll be able to have plenty of seats in other cars available.

PostPosted: July 18, 2013, 5:16 pm 

I'm down to meet up for lunch on the 27th....maybe somewhere like XXX Rootbeer in Issaquah (it's about 10 minutes from Bellevue Community College). My locost is building up dust...this will be a good excuse to get out for a quick drive (I wouldn't plan to see the ABMF)

PostPosted: July 24, 2013, 5:28 pm 

Sorry I haven't been pushing much on this lately, but some family things have taken priority over the past week and car stuff is definitely a secondary concern right now. So as much as I really would like to see some completed builds in person for continued inspiration, as well as enjoy the ABFM, I not very likely to make it on Saturday. As such, I'm also going to have to pretty much leave this to those who are currently planning to go to finish hammering out the details amongst yourselves.

Has anybody entered their car in the ABFM?

If there are no objections, XXX Root Beer in Issaquah could be the rendezvous point for lunch at noonish, and those headed to the ABFM could caravan back from there. The main potential complication is that anybody who is entered in the show will need to hitch a ride to lunch and back. I don't think this should be a problem, aside from the fact that I don't recall how would be easiest to pick somebody up, since they do charge a parking/admittance fee for spectators and I'm not sure of their policy on readmittance.

PostPosted: July 24, 2013, 9:52 pm 

Like Driven5, my weekend has gotten a bit complicated. I don't expect to be at the ABFM and have not registered a car there. Personally I would prefer a different weekend, but if there is a quorum I'll try to make it. The XXX Root Beer in Issaquah would be a fun location. Only question for me is when.

My Car9 build: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14613
"It's the construction of the car-the sheer lunacy and joy of making diverse parts come together and work as one-that counts."

Ultima Spyder, Northstar 4.0, Porsche G50/52

PostPosted: July 24, 2013, 11:05 pm 

I can do lunch at XXX or where ever, but I can't do the British car show. I'm not on the street with mine yet but it is close. Looking forward to seeing everybody.

Larry O. (retiredlarry)

PostPosted: July 24, 2013, 11:57 pm 

This is sounding like fun, yet I am not ready to get back on the road. A time in August would be great for me. I also shared the news with Pat, who has built EVL 7, an all-electric 7 he just got licensed.
JEB in Oly

PostPosted: July 25, 2013, 12:37 am 

A little further in the future would also work better for me. Have a leaking seal in the rear end. Damn! Not ready for maintenance, not done with the building process. However it would keep me from traveling long distance especially on the Interstates (I think it's leaking pretty bad). Also need the front end aligned. Need to get to Group 2.

PostPosted: July 26, 2013, 11:12 am 

A later date wolud work for me too.

PostPosted: July 26, 2013, 3:24 pm 

So it doesn't sound like anybody is really still planning to go, and that maybe a date sometime later in August or September will more likely be work for the group. If anybody is still considering it or is just looking for something to do tomorrow, I still definitely recommend hitting up the ABFM.