LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently May 14, 2024, 3:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: May 21, 2015, 9:45 am 

benny_toe wrote:
So sorry I'm not going to make this one. A bunch of new faces have said they will show for at least one day and I am most regretful that I'll miss meeting them along with the regret of not hooking up with friends that I only get a chance to see once a year. But alas, my back has been telling me that 8 hours a day for 3 days in a pickup truck is not in my best interest. It is a long drive from here to there.

Have fun gents and ladies. Take lots of pictures. And of course post them.

Cheers,

You will be missed. May your back get better; and, Hopefully next year.
Brenda

PostPosted: May 22, 2015, 7:42 am 

historicalmom wrote:
benny_toe wrote:
So sorry I'm not going to make this one. A bunch of new faces have said they will show for at least one day and I am most regretful that I'll miss meeting them along with the regret of not hooking up with friends that I only get a chance to see once a year. But alas, my back has been telling me that 8 hours a day for 3 days in a pickup truck is not in my best interest. It is a long drive from here to there.

Have fun gents and ladies. Take lots of pictures. And of course post them.

Cheers,

You will be missed. May your back get better; and, Hopefully next year.
Brenda

Yes indeed you will be missed, very sad :cry: was hoping to get together here in Nebraska , feel better Larry.

Build log http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=12374
Completed build showcase http://locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=16865

PostPosted: May 22, 2015, 1:20 pm 

Brenda & Chris,

Thanks for the well wishes and I will miss you folks as well. Was lookig forward to hooking up with Chris oin Omaha and doing a convoy thing to Galena.

Haven't a clue about my back. No real pain unless I turn the right way. Doesn't feel musculature. Just don't think all the time required behind the wheel of my truck pulling a trailer would do it any good at all.

Cheers,

PostPosted: May 22, 2015, 3:44 pm 

benny_toe wrote:
Brenda & Chris,

Thanks for the well wishes and I will miss you folks as well. Was lookig forward to hooking up with Chris oin Omaha and doing a convoy thing to Galena.

Haven't a clue about my back. No real pain unless I turn the right way. Doesn't feel musculature. Just don't think all the time required behind the wheel of my truck pulling a trailer would do it any good at all.

Cheers,

Hope to catch you another time Larry. Sorry to hear your cancel. The worst thing for a back is a 6000 mile trip. Take it easy :cheers:

My build : http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtop ... 35&t=17160

MGB/GT V8 5.0L. viewtopic.php?f=36&t=20782

PostPosted: May 26, 2015, 12:56 am 

So, after a fun weekend in Lincoln (stories and videos to follow) we've made it back to Sioux Falls tonight. For lack of anything better to do, looks like I'll be heading to Galena (Chestnut) tomorrow already.

PostPosted: May 26, 2015, 1:07 am 

Chris,

So regretful that I couldn't make it east. Could have wasted a couple of days in Omaha having a great time. I know the place well 8<)

Was looking forward to seeing your car in it's latest form. Hopefully next time.

Cheers,

\

PostPosted: May 26, 2015, 2:50 pm 

If anyone is looking for some entertainment in Galena, a good friend of mine does a stage hypnosis show at the Trolley Depot Theatre, they'll be there doing a show Wednesday and Saturday evening, the shows are hilarious. http://galenahypnosislive.com/ Wish I could make it, but I'm just starting to get my car back together after chasing electrical gremlins last fall, and I've got family coming in from out of state this weekend. :( Real shame because I don't think it'll ever be this close again.

--JOsh

PostPosted: May 26, 2015, 8:25 pm 

benny_toe wrote:
Chris,

So regretful that I couldn't make it east. Could have wasted a couple of days in Omaha having a great time. I know the place well 8<)

Was looking forward to seeing your car in it's latest form. Hopefully next time.

Cheers,

\

Ya Larry, I gotta admit I was hopping to get together and hang out. Agreed hopefully next time. Get better!

In other news, I'm here! Rained most of the way from Sioux Falls. Sun is shining here at the moment.

So Brent, how do you guys find these spots (other past hosts can certainly chime in)?! I mean wow, I got to Galena and it was just like driving into Cuba last year (except I'm not dead tired Following an 18 hour drive and arriving @ 5 am). Spectacular roads! Looking forward to this. Hope I'm not still feeling tooo racey after spring nats :twisted: .
Chris

PostPosted: May 27, 2015, 9:39 am 
Man of Constant Hazard

Have a great time, everyone! Looks like you've got an awesome agenda, super hosts, and a fun crew to hang with! Post lots of pix!

-dave

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway
Visit my [Locost 7 build log]

PostPosted: May 27, 2015, 3:59 pm 

I can not believe that I have to miss this gathering but :cry: If anyone happens to venture as far as Mineral Point look me up I will be working in my shop at 210 Garden St.

Have fun all :mrgreen:

PostPosted: May 27, 2015, 6:45 pm 

Made it here. It is sunny and warm right now. Brent and Chris heading over to Cove to see if they have reopened. May have to change Friday's evening eatery. Everyone who has "remodeled" knows that twice as long and twice as expensive.

The meeting room is called Riverside meeting room and is next to rm 318. From main entrance go past the desk, take right through doorway, immediate right upstairs and immediate left. I have a sign in sheet, a packet for each car and a name tag (new people do like to see faces with names...been there). I have learned that the meeting room will have no cost, but asking that everyone send Joan a Thank You card for her hard work at accommodating us.

PostPosted: May 27, 2015, 6:46 pm 

dhempy wrote:
Have a great time, everyone! Looks like you've got an awesome agenda, super hosts, and a fun crew to hang with! Post lots of pix!

-dave

You will be missed!

PostPosted: May 27, 2015, 6:47 pm 

vroom wrote:
I can not believe that I have to miss this gathering but :cry: If anyone happens to venture as far as Mineral Point look me up I will be working in my shop at 210 Garden St.

Have fun all :mrgreen:

You too will be missed!

PostPosted: May 27, 2015, 10:34 pm 

OK last post by me until June 8. See you all up there. Russ

PostPosted: May 28, 2015, 9:24 pm 

Sunburns were made today, there was no rain! Possibilities though from here on. Good to see faces and vehicles. A blood red sunset now. Thus far no "tow" truck needed to be called. :cheers:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next