LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: July 21, 2014, 3:06 pm 

As much as I'd like to get a picture of an Ultima parked in front of my house, along side the two Locosts, it certainly won't be a problem for me to pick you up before the Larrys' arrive...So that you don't miss out on a moment of BS'ing. :mrgreen:

"Orville Wright did not have a pilots license." - Gordon MacKenzie

PostPosted: July 21, 2014, 4:27 pm 

Driven5 wrote:
As much as I'd like to get a picture of an Ultima parked in front of my house, along side the two Locosts, it certainly won't be a problem for me to pick you up before the Larrys' arrive...So that you don't miss out on a moment of BS'ing. :mrgreen:
Hmmm, don't think I can leave the venue with the car there--abandonment issues and such. And registration is from 9am to 11am. I'll check with my friend to see if he is planning to show his carbon-clad At0m and see if there is some way I can thread the logistical needle and participate in the BS'ing.

My Car9 build: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14613
"It's the construction of the car-the sheer lunacy and joy of making diverse parts come together and work as one-that counts."

Ultima Spyder, Northstar 4.0, Porsche G50/52

PostPosted: July 21, 2014, 9:58 pm 

Fair enough. I'd hate to deprive the ABFM of an Ultima, so another option might be that we head over to the show right away with both Larrys' cars and BS about them in the parking lot there. Then if you are really still interested in seeing my pile of tubes, we could head back over to my place for more BS'ing. Basically, I'm flexible with whatever sounds like it will work for you.

PostPosted: July 21, 2014, 11:09 pm 

Ooh, tempting.
Driven5 wrote:
Wives or girlfriends (but not both) are certainly welcome too.
I could stay in Creswell OR with a wife or girlfriend the night of the 25th, and we could leave at dawn (I can only fit one of them at a time in MAX, so your "but not both" restriction is moot) and be at your place, 300 miles later, by 11:00. You mean AM, right? 600-some miles round trip, fill up in Creswell the night before, and I'd better remember to fill it up again in Creswell when we get back or I'll be running on fumes by August.

I'm seriously thinking about this. According to wunderground.com it'll be clear and high 50s when we leave...could be a nice ride (if you like freeways).

PostPosted: July 22, 2014, 12:51 am 

Jack, would love to see you at the ABFM. Do come.

And the Good Guys car show is in Puyallup where you gave your talk (last year?) It runs both Saturday and Sunday. Lots of cars and vendors.

"It's the construction of the car-the sheer lunacy and joy of making diverse parts come together and work as one-that counts."

PostPosted: July 22, 2014, 10:03 am 

Jack, a 600 mile day trip is more than I would ever expect of somebody...But if it sounds like fun to you, we'd certainly love to have you come out for this little shindig! Just let us know anything we can do to better accommodate you. Would you be thinking of entering your car in the ABFM as well, since it is based on British bodywork?

PostPosted: July 24, 2014, 11:52 am 

Well dang, I'm not going. I'm going to miss meeting y'all.

PostPosted: July 25, 2014, 1:07 pm 

JackMcCornack wrote:
Well dang, I'm not going. I'm going to miss meeting y'all.
Jack, Sorry you can't make it up. We were looking forward to your visit.

PostPosted: July 25, 2014, 8:10 pm 

I'm looking foward to the LAPS meeting tomorrow along with the ABCM. Sorry to here Jack won't make it, I had hoped to meet him. This will be the longest trip I've made with my car, it should be a good test, my son is coming with me and between the two of us we are about 560 lbs.

PostPosted: July 26, 2014, 12:15 am 

Yeah, I'm gonna miss you folks...but our paths will cross again.

PostPosted: July 27, 2014, 8:11 pm 

Had a great time yesterday at the LAPS gathering talking to everybody and seeing Toms other car and the other Larrys car. Justin, your car is coming along very well, the welds look very good and I like the the way your chassis looks. I am looking foward to the next meeting already. We saw a lot of nice cars at the ABFM.

PostPosted: August 6, 2014, 9:25 pm 

I wish my camera battery didn't die so I could have taken more pics, but here's a pic off my phone of the Larrys' Locsts' that I've been meaning to put up...Just a couple of guys, living the dream.

Attachment:
2014-07-26 ABFM Locosts 01 Sized.jpg

It was great getting the group out together again, and I'm looking forward to next time! :cheers:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: August 6, 2014, 11:59 pm 

Kewl!

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: August 7, 2014, 12:47 am 

Nice pic Justin! I too, am sorry your battery died. A couple of more would have been really cool.

It was a great day, got to see Tom's Ultima up close plus a whole bunch of really nice British autos. My second favorite right behind Italian cars. Spent a good chunk of quality time with the other Larry (the young one with the son in tow), you, and Seattle Tom. Always a great group to hang with.

Last I heard the next meet will be inTom's garage. Probably won't need the acetylene torch for heat if we get it done before the end of September.

As for myself I'm looking forward to seeing Tom's car 9 progress. The photos he has been posting are mouth watering.

Contact me if any assistance is needed. Hopefully I90 will be open by then. Might have built up enough courage to tackle the interstate in my Locost by then.

BTW got the bonnet sprayed today. Rattle cans are certainly Locost but man oh man do they require a lot of work. Spray, sand, spray,sand some more, compound, sand some more, then sand some more. Then touch up the clear because you sanded through it. A lot of work but the paint job is going to be less than $100 so it's Locost all the way. And so far it's looking damn good. Was pleased with the rear fenders. They turned out better than expected, less than what I wanted. However the nose cone so far is exceeding expectations and approaching a level I only dreamed about.

See ya'll next time! (JD contributed that phrase. Think it comes from the trailer rental place that south of theMason/Dixon line is called Y'all Haul)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: August 7, 2014, 1:07 am 

One Locost.
Two Locost.
Yellow and green Locost.
Blue Locost.

Larry's hood is looking good!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next