LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 16, 2024, 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 6, 2014, 4:13 pm 

While SLAG was a great success last year, SALE went down in flames. Let's see what LAPS can do!

It's the time of year that the clouds are still raining* here in the Northwest and the All British Field Meet (http://abfm.com/) is approaching. This year it's being held at St. Edward State Park in Kenmore, WA on July 26. Anybody with a completed car that would like to show it, may want to contact the event organizers to see how lenient they'll be with their restrictions on originality. Otherwise, weather permitting, those of us still slaving away on a chassis would love to get a little taste of the good life vicariously through seeing others' finished builds.

Parking is $10 per car regardless of head count. I live ~2.5 miles from the new location, and would be willing to let my house be the rendezvous point for car pooling in. It would also be easy to pick up anybody entered in the event, if we want to do a group lunch off-site. Lunch options include the food stands at the event, eating at a nearby restaurant...Or my wife mentioned that we could even try to grill/potluck here if that sounded better to the group. Let me know what sounds best to you.

* Shhhhh...It's our little secret. :wink:

"Orville Wright did not have a pilots license." - Gordon MacKenzie

PostPosted: July 7, 2014, 12:51 am 

Justin,

Great idea to get together in conjunction with the ABFM. I showed my Ultima in the ABFM a couple of times when it was close by in Bellevue, along with some At0ms and other "specialty" cars with UK roots. (I think we met up there didn't we?) I hadn't thought about showing in the Kenmore location, but that is a possibility. It would be fun to get the group together again.

My Car9 build: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14613
"It's the construction of the car-the sheer lunacy and joy of making diverse parts come together and work as one-that counts."

Ultima Spyder, Northstar 4.0, Porsche G50/52

PostPosted: July 7, 2014, 11:00 am 

Sorry I will miss your get together. I was visiting in Seattle yesterday and will not be in the area on the 25th. Good luck to you all.

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: July 7, 2014, 11:16 am 

St. Edward, what a great venue. We lived just a few blocks south off Holmes Point Drive for 6 years. St. Edward was in the process of transitioning from a seminary to a park back then. They used to let us run our three sheep dogs on the big field up top behind the seminary buildings. What a cool place for a British car meet.

Cheers,

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: July 7, 2014, 12:07 pm 

Sounds good to me. I have another commitment that day at Lake Stevens but I will see what juggling I need to do to show up. At least they are in the same direction. I hit 1500 miles on my car on the way home from the vintage races on saturday and would love to take everybody for a ride around the block.

Thanks for the update.

Larry O.

PS. Just found out the Lake Stevens thing is at 4pm. :cheers:

PostPosted: July 8, 2014, 9:47 am 

So this sounds like a go for at least a mini-meet.

What are your thoughts for when to meet up and where to eat lunch?

PostPosted: July 8, 2014, 12:20 pm 

I'll be there!!!

PostPosted: July 9, 2014, 9:17 am 

Wives or girlfriends (but not both) are certainly welcome too. Even if they don't want to stand around listening to car talk for hours on end, my wife will probably be hanging back at the house during the ABFM. So if they don't have any problems with babies, small dogs, or cats, there will still be something to do.

PostPosted: July 19, 2014, 1:55 am 

I'll be going either way, but whats the final word with you guys? I'm pretty sure Larry is in. Are you planning to make it, Tom? Anybody else? Any +1's coming?

PostPosted: July 19, 2014, 1:15 pm 

I'm planning on attending. Think going as a group would be great.

Car is somewhat apart at the moment getting parts painted. Should be back together by then. Depends on how many times I have to re-do it.

PostPosted: July 19, 2014, 2:07 pm 

Driven5 wrote:
I'll be going either way, but whats the final word with you guys? I'm pretty sure Larry is in. Are you planning to make it, Tom? Anybody else? Any +1's coming?
Justin, If the weather is dry and the I-90 bridge re-opens look for me in the Specialty Cars Section.

"It's the construction of the car-the sheer lunacy and joy of making diverse parts come together and work as one-that counts."

PostPosted: July 21, 2014, 11:45 am 

So Tom and both Larry's. Great!

The event goes from 8-4, and I know Larry needs to be in Lake Stevens by 4 as well. I'm guessing that means he probably needs to be leaving by 3ish? Factor in a couple hours to wander, an hour or so to just BS about each others Locosts while standing next to and looking at them (based on previous experience), and an lazy hour for food. That would put us meeting at my place around 11? We could pick Tom up to go get some food, but I'm kind of thinking that it might be easiest to just head over to the event and eat at the on-site vendors after we get there...How does that sound? Speak now, or forever hold your peace.

PostPosted: July 21, 2014, 12:49 pm 

A good plan. Meeting at your house is a sound idea. Just need to know where it is 8<)

PostPosted: July 21, 2014, 1:10 pm 

What Larry said!!! Sounds like a good plan and the weather is looking good too. Looking forward to seeing everbody again. :D

PostPosted: July 21, 2014, 2:50 pm 

Driven5 wrote:
So Tom and both Larry's. Great!

The event goes from 8-4, and I know Larry needs to be in Lake Stevens by 4 as well. I'm guessing that means he probably needs to be leaving by 3ish? Factor in a couple hours to wander, an hour or so to just BS about each others Locosts while standing next to and looking at them (based on previous experience), and an lazy hour for food. That would put us meeting at my place around 11? We could pick Tom up to go get some food, but I'm kind of thinking that it might be easiest to just head over to the event and eat at the on-site vendors after we get there...How does that sound? Speak now, or forever hold your peace.
So if I enter my car in the show I don't get to see Justin's, Larry's and Larry's builds. Right? :( Hmmm, might change my plans about entering and just join up with you all at Justin's.

Food from the event vendors has been pretty decent in the past, so would recommend eating on-site.