LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 22, 2019, 11:06 am 

Hey Roadog7

Thanks for that. I checked my Dolphin manual, the net and the gauge, and no dip switches. I just sent an email to Dolphin.

I note on that you had to set your tac for single pulse, which would indicate that the ignition system adjusts the output from two pulses to one, which would be a normal non DIS system I would think... So...hopefully I will be ok.

It is great to hear that you had good luck with the Ehrlich ignition. They seem great, but adjusting initial timing is clearly a bear. Especially on a crank that is not keyed..... On mine, there is a plate with four bolts that allows the timing marks to move independently of the crank damper.

PostPosted: May 22, 2019, 3:39 am 

Hi All,
I've had quite a few distractions lately but have been meaning to post an update. After exhausting my brain and eliminating as many variables as possible, I ordered the Nodiz setup. Only one issue with one of the leds on the unit not operating, but I got it all mocked up and it fired right up! I still need to wire it in properly and fix a new alternator charging issue, but am very pleased with the setup.

I still don't have any idea as to why the Q4R system failed, but I am very relieved that the Nodiz is truly plug and play. Although the fix was more expensive than I had hoped, I am looking forward to later upgrading the tune to 3D. Thank you all for your valuable input!
-Robert