big vsusp update!
Most of the update is actually to the low level code, so sadly you won't see too too many changes to the GUI. I cleaned up or rewrote most of the tool's base code. I did this to fix some lingering low-level issues and also to speed up future fixes and additions.Updates
- added IC inclination angles: angle between horizon and instant center (thanks Horizenjob)
- cleaned up of much of vsusp's base code, including how float precision is saved in project links, how inputs are linked to the tool model, how units are handled, input-change bindings, tab switching (and active tab is now stored in project link)
- moved body roll and bump/dive/squat to project 'trim' object
- added various settings to project preferences: units, front/rear, show/hide, zoom
- most inputs, including chart settings, are now saved in project link
- added escaping to project link so it can be pasted into forum (shouldn't need link shortener anymore)
- changed scale control to "pixels per mm" - but is this reasonable?
- made input/output boxes look a little better (styling)
- tire size convention: inputs opacity changes based on setting (styling/useability)
- fixed bad wheel sizes coming from hash
- various minor styling improvements and cleanupKnown issues to be fixed soon
- tool won't load in IE8 and IE9. I won't bother with IE7 support anymore, doubt anyone uses it anyway
- Safari: control arm highlighter/mouseovers not showing up
- some highlighter/mouseover units missing in all browsers: tire width units, wheel diameter units
- need to add Instant Center inclination angles to the chart y-field options
- will add type-in for roll angle and bump/droop controls (thanks Cheapracer)
Your existing project links should work fine. I did do some testing, but since this is a big update, it would be good if you guys save an old copy of your project link until everything seems ok. And if you see anything that needs immediate attention, I'll focus on that.
hope you guys had a great holiday