LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: May 15, 2011, 1:26 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ3Pohh502E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW1Fedhx6Nc

Regards Andrew :D :D

PostPosted: June 21, 2011, 6:23 pm 

Another animation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz2rQvCxp44

Regards Andrew :D

PostPosted: June 22, 2011, 4:34 pm 

PostPosted: June 26, 2011, 5:20 pm 

Quote:
Originally posted by monkeysandbearspants
Having digested the content of the thread i conclude that the answer could be one of these !!

However weight may be an issue and mostly certainly there would need to to be some boot modifications!

http://www.full-ahead.net/Silownia/silniki_pomocnicze/sp_index_ang.htm

http://www.full-ahead.net/Silownia/silniki_pomocnicze/remont_sp/awarie_remont/glowica_urw_zaw_isadora/glow_urw_zawor.htm

http://www.full-ahead.net/Silownia/silniki_glowne/sg_index_ang.htm

double bottom fo foam
http://www.youtube.com/user/pawielus?gl=PL&hl=pl#p/u/53/Cfp0BWKwdgY dno

large swimmer:
http://www.youtube.com/user/pawielus?gl=PL&hl=pl#p/u/92/mnxWu3oWghs

PostPosted: March 8, 2012, 1:45 pm 

And in the meantime since the formation of the ideas, changes a lot. For example, go beyond the "magic circle of the cylinder" was the hardest thing.
When I discovered it, a new type of timing, was the new 4 stroke engine:

PostPosted: March 8, 2012, 1:45 pm 

My 6 cylinder boxer..

Can have two times less cubic capacity, because that is two times smaller turnover at the flywheel.

PostPosted: December 5, 2012, 10:22 pm 

I think the era of steam comes to an end. At most in obsolete nuclear power plants will be still used.

Half supports the engine has one very big advantage. Piston not friction on the walls of the "cylinder""Only the seals frictions cylinder

Thanks to these properties, the engine may be running on ... the coal dust.
Rudolf Diesel's first engine was built just on the coal dust, but unfortunately zacierał is at work. In the case of half rotate, will not look any login problems.Simply does not have any large surface friction

Only the directory should be chosen for personal seal. Each round you can straighten lines, of course, resistant to coal dust.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6hwiz0QXsE

http://www.passerotti.com.pl/page/pol/download/549P.pdf

PostPosted: January 21, 2013, 9:25 pm 

many years ago i read an article about someone who modified a triumph 500 twin.

i am very familiar with these engines and was covinced that what had been done was possible.

the basic concept was converting it to 2 stroke.

first he machined a pair of ports into the cylinders at the bottom of the stroke but above the piston at bdc. this would be the intake, then the cam timing would be altered to allow the intake cam to become an exhaust by simply re-positioning the cam gear, this would allow the engine to use the exhaust valve for one firing and the inlet for the next exhaust firing, altenating exhaust on each stroke.

then he attached a blow through carb to the intake ports previously machined in the cylinder and fed that with boost from a blower.

the only dificult part was in the piston skirt, which had to be long enough to keep the inlet port blocked when the piston was above the port and the addition of a skirt ring to seal it from the crank case.

a boost releaf valve was added to the blower output port.

theoretically you had a twin that now had at least 100% volumetric efficiency and fired on every stroke.

now if you could drive the blower with the now abundan exhaust gases, then i think you would really have something.

but we in it shall be remembered.

PostPosted: January 21, 2013, 9:41 pm 

do you think they got the idear for that sy tech crank from looking at duccatti valves

but we in it shall be remembered.

PostPosted: January 22, 2013, 3:14 pm 

This topic reminds me of the "ever so promising" OX2 engine i believe even had some Caroll Shelby backing years ago.... that also never made it to production.

Seems like the "conspiracy theory" of the Auto manufacturers collaborating with the government and oil companys to shut down the "150mpg carbeurators" and all that talk of the 70's may have some truth to it?..... :shock:

PostPosted: January 22, 2013, 8:38 pm 

Wasn't old man Crower working on a 6 stroke engine? I think the two additional strokes used water injection into a hot cylinder to produce prodigious amounts of steam and also cool the cylinder.

Tom

My short term memory is absolutely horrible and so is my short term memory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG16m2e4O6I

PostPosted: August 21, 2013, 9:13 pm 

Mac Leod
[quote]Thank you for responding to my posting- there are a few things that I am not sure about still. The rotating mass and the reciprocating mass of your 'valve train' will still be greater than the standard cam shaft and valves setup (especially for an engine with an overhead cam)- wouldn't it?[/qote]

I am very happy that so quickly you understood my arguments, and you are already ready for next discussion,
Yeah I just wanted to clarify this matter of the weight "be greater" for my solution.
She is very often raised, as the lack of the advantage of my engine.
And it is of course the untrue, but intellectual ‘box’ are ordering to think so, that it is a truth.
As a token of it I did taking off the weight on which I put the valve with the spring and spring retainer(witout retainer locks) diametef full phi 32 mm ( diameter canal 30 mm),
And I other side Piston , rod, pin,and two rings diameter 38 mm , what is a greater dimension than a valve has him considerably.
In spite of it, in the photograph done by me clearly one can see, that much he is heavier unite the valve.
If not you believe, go to scrap, find and take the piston with the connecting rod from the old lawnmower and about the same diameter valve with the spring from some car engine.. I think that you will be not having to use scales, because after taken into one hand piston, and into second of valve, you will be sure knew what was heavier.

If now will add to the moving weight of valve ( the reciprocating mass) rocker arm, mecanical regulations of clearance valve (or very heavy hydraulic valve lifter( tappet)) taped (ewentualy push rod). it sure it will turn out that the weight of the valve is twice as bigger from set piston –rod same diameter.

However, that's not all in relation to the weight.
He/she is reaching jescze to valves static weight so things like valve quide in heads, and rocker arm shaft.
One should also add the weight not chosen materials of the head, about the diameter piston. and lengths of his cylinder.
For lowering static mass of the engine one should add the lack bolts for screwing the head, since altogether cylinders around wit cylinder valves it is possible easily to make one-piece steel out, and then aren't needed bolts to the head together with threaded with their nests.
Adding this static reducing the weight, we receive altogether the piston valve is three times lighter than the traditional valve.!!

And greatest loss of engine mass.Piston valves mass, at the same diameter like valves, they cause that he is arriving about 15 % of jumping volume of the engine. That is mass of the engine is also reducing about 15 %.

In net part all about termal efficiency.I am only attention, so most important in combustion chamber, are TEMPERATURE elements.

Here, the pictures, if someone does not know what is heavier ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris beauvais View Post
That is VERY cool! It'll probably be a little heavier because of the extra crank shaft, connecting rods, and pistons in the "head".

Are you sure??

So that you get rid of the doubt next photographs with accurate data :

Diameter popped 75 mm , diameter piston 76.5 mm

Right now are you shure ?? Any washes.

Weight popped 75 mm 1000 G
weight piston & rod 76.5 mm 850 G
weight popped 62 mm 400 G
weight piston & rod 62 mm 370 G

But the window of the flight of the valve of 75 mm is only 64 mm, what is very similar to the window of the flight piston 62 mm .

That is it results from it that the valve of 75 mm is giving the same flight as the piston 62 mm that is 1000 G to 370 G !!!!!

==~~ 2.5 more weight popped to piston& rod !!

It only looks impossibly. but this way is.

:D :D

PostPosted: November 9, 2014, 9:28 pm 

Greetings to all from the Engine Expo 2014 in Novi Detroit ....

I'm worried, because you will be some news about this new engine somehow obtain. As I wrote above, only 25% of the engines messages may come in handy .. The rest 75% you have to re-learn .. :shock:

PostPosted: March 16, 2015, 12:18 pm 

Now why I summoned Riccardo..Ricardo developed fairly firebox V-Comet .. Especially in diesel played a significant role - helped make a high speed diesel engine .In my also applied the swirl chamber, knowing about its merits. The eyebrow appearances, this is what you see on the animation, this is not the combustion chamber. It is only the cross section through the center of the engine combustion . At the rear, with the cross-sectional view as seen in the picture, it is a channel connecting the piston "sucking" piston "exhaust". Flows this way the entire load of fuel and air, but it achieves a very high speed, which in the initial attempts resulted in taking ionized air from between the spark plug electrodes and prevented the formation of spark .Only after a magnification of this channel, began to develop a spark. If sweeping spark plug, this place was a diesel injector, it would be very beneficial ,, because after falling into the space above the small pistons with a very high speed, it would be very intense spin and excellent mixing of fuel and air. I think it is possible to build a high speed diesel, well, up to 10 000 RPM. Also on gasoline this spinning is beneficial and Ground your walls on the smallest piston, is probably the smallest of the previously used, and the heat losses are the smallest .Also at such a high speed of rotation of the smallest piston samozaplonów foci formation will be very difficult. Apart from this place, burning virtually runs elsewhere, because the distance between the planes must be greater than two millimeters in height, so that there could arise a flame. In total combustion occurs with forced intensive centrifugation only over a small piston in the cylinder least .. This is the very Riccardo improved swirl chamber, with the movement of loads in one direction and forced mechanically great speed of combustion. Looking only at the same animations, we are not able to notice it all properly. Today on the combustion chamber.

Andrew :D

PostPosted: June 5, 2019, 12:05 pm 

http://forum.engine-research.com/index. ... &board=4.0

Andrew :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next