LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 28, 2017, 11:37 am 

I like the over-car storage, but I know that the more setup and take down work I have to do just to get started working on a project, the less likely I am to bother. So it wouldn't work well for me to have to reconfigure the garage every time I wanted to do something productive. If it required moving the Locost out of the garage in order to work on a project, rather than the daily driver, living in any area with less than ideal weather on a regular basis would also not be very productive. And I would certainly not want to do anything that would make it more than minimal time and effort to get the car itself in and out either.

Luckily, I figure there's a good chance we'll move at some point before the car ever gets done. So my primary plan at this point (without a good backup, so keep putting ideas out in this thread) is that the next house will either have a detached shop/garage, a place to build a detached shop/garage, an attached 3+ car garage, and/or the layout of the attached garage relative to the house and yard allows for expansion of the garage to the side or out the back. Thankfully SWEETA is mostly on the same page, as she understands my affliction pretty well...And because she too wants for us to eventually add recreational us vehicles like a motorcycle and a camper to the stable. Admittedly, for the 'right' house, we'd probably be willing to compromise on this, but everything else would have to be amazingly perfect. So outside of recommending to move, I'm not much help beyond "Could you add on to the garage or build a detached shop/garage?"

"Orville Wright did not have a pilots license." - Gordon MacKenzie