Had some time to work on the car this weekend. I almost made as much progress as I wanted to. The engine and transmission are sitting in the car for the first time which is cool. The camera I am using is not the best, but I just wanted to show you guys the progress.
IMG_20110109_172654.jpg [ 1.1 MiB | Viewed 1290 times ]
This is a crappy shot of the engine mount. It is basically two triangulated sections of square tubing with a gussit running perpendicular to
IMG_20110109_172706.jpg [ 1.05 MiB | Viewed 1290 times ]
Another poor picture on my part but this kinda shows bellhousing clearance to the firewall, it is about 3/4" which I hope is enough.
IMG_20110109_172718.jpg [ 1.13 MiB | Viewed 1290 times ]
A better shot of the engine mount. The only thing you can't see is the gussit, which I made from 1/8" plate and is on the back side of the upright portion of the mount.
IMG_20110109_172750.jpg [ 940.46 KiB | Viewed 1290 times ]
IMG_20110109_172807.jpg [ 1.06 MiB | Viewed 1290 times ]
I made the tranny mount from two layers of 1/8" plate welded to the bottom side of the frame. The mounting bolts still don't hang down as far as my oil pan so I don't thing ground clearance will be an issue. That brings up one question that I have had. What is the approximate ground clearance from the bottom of the frame to the ground on some of your rigs. I just want to get an idea if i am anywhere in the right ballpark. As always if you see if I am doing anything stupid in my build let me know and thanks for the input.