LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: November 14, 2013, 10:59 pm 

As of right now reserve June 5-7, 2014 for the 6th Annual Midwest Se7ens Gathering. I will be going to the Hermann, Mo (just East of St Louis) area in late January to start scouting out the roads and the wineries. The area around Hermann is famous for its wine. So keep your fingers crossed that I have good luck down there. Russ "Your 2014 Gathering Coordinator" Amos

PostPosted: November 14, 2013, 11:49 pm 

Uh, Russ, check your map. "(just East of St Louis)" is Illinois. Herman is west. Don't want you getting lost now! :shock:

PostPosted: November 15, 2013, 9:13 am 

My bad!!!! I meant to say west but my finger typed east. BAD FINGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: November 15, 2013, 9:40 am 

Dates duly noted!!! Someplace reasonably close too!

Bill

PostPosted: November 15, 2013, 11:42 am 

On the calendar. I look forward to scouting the roads with you in January.

PostPosted: November 15, 2013, 12:45 pm 

Quote:
scouting the roads with you in January
- JANUARY! Man, you guys are really hard core! Come January, this ex-California boy is usually hunkered down close to the wood burning stove and a hot pot of coffee. I am totally in AWE! :cheers:

PostPosted: November 19, 2013, 9:35 pm 

Sounds good to me as long as it is not when I am moving. Hopefully we will be moved by then. :cheers:

PostPosted: December 22, 2013, 11:12 pm 

Looks like a great location. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Brent and Brenda

PostPosted: February 2, 2014, 12:10 am 

Well, I went to the Hermann, MO area to scout out some roads and boy did I ever put the miles on my new truck. With the help of Chris Reinke, who is building a Miata based 221 Locost in Cuba, MO, we laid out over 450 miles of twisty, up, and down pure driving pleasure roads. I still have a few kinks to work out but it looks like the 2014 Midwest Se7ens Gathering will keep up with the tradition of great roads and even greater friends getting together to enjoy our love of these little cars. Here are a couple of motels we looked at to get your opinions on. The Wagon Wheel is an old time road house right out of the glory days of Route 66. Very nostalgic!!! The rooms are rather small and most do not have microwaves or refrigerators but they do have A/C. No breakfast is served unlike most motels. They do have an adequate amount of parking for our trailers. The Super 8 Motel is a modern hotel with lots of parking and the normal amenities you would expect in this modern age. So what do you think? It would be nice to get your opinions and get a head count on how many plan on attending this June 5-8, 2014 event. So let me know, Russ

http://www.wagonwheel66cuba.com/

http://www.super8.com/hotels/missouri/c ... 7AodAjMALg

PostPosted: February 2, 2014, 10:22 am 

Russ, count Linda and me in. We both think that The Wagon Wheel Motel would be a great choice. Can we reserve the deck for the weekend? We are looking forward to seeing old firends again. Did just I say "old"?

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: February 2, 2014, 6:20 pm 

Russ, I can stay at a Super 8 any time, but a restored Route 66 landmark is something to be enjoyed. I would suggest the wagon wheel. I presume Chris knows of a place for breakfast.

I certainly plan to be there. Keep us posted about the choice of "convention hotel".

Bill

PostPosted: February 2, 2014, 7:28 pm 

Carol and I should be there, but probably just for a one-day, drive-by, say-hello, and check-out-the cars type of thing like we did in 2011!

PostPosted: February 3, 2014, 10:49 am 

A few options for breakfast in Cuba,

Country Kitchen
Voss Truck Stop
Subway
McDonalds
Hardees
Menonite Bakery

The Menonite Bakery is by far the best option, but they don't have the largest selection. They also have great lunch sandwhiches.

Russ, I have another option for lunch in Salem that I am investigating, Horseshoe Saloon Bar and Grill. It is just north of Salem on 19. Plenty of parking and a friend told me it has great food and is better than Roadhouse in every way. I may take Lisa and Julia down there for lunch sometime to check it out.

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=&ie=UTF-8&q=Horseshoe+Saloon+Bar'n+Grill&fb=1&gl=us&hq=horseshoe+saloon+salem+mo&cid=1450849375229389174&ei=7anvUsLPEM64yAGWroG4Bw&ved=0CJ0BEPwSMAw

PostPosted: February 10, 2014, 1:25 am 

Looks like Terry and I will be attending. Won't be with the Locost in tow how ever. We will be in Monterey, CA May 24th and there just isn't time to return to Seattle, load and hook up the trailer and pull it over 3 mountain ranges to Cuba. So we will fly out of SEA to MCI (KC International) and drive his BRZ to the gathering.

Would love to bring my car but the logistics are against that happening. Am looking forward to seeing friends and discussing our wonderful little cars.

PostPosted: February 10, 2014, 12:12 pm 

Larry, it will be great to have you and Terry there with or without a car. How is Terry's build coming? I started finalizing our routes for the two high mileage days, now to start on the smaller trips. It is going to be fun!!!! Russ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next