LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 19, 2024, 1:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: February 15, 2016, 5:42 pm 

CT drivers? I'm not familiar with the term. Cage and Truck? California Troopers? Children and Teenagers?

PostPosted: February 15, 2016, 6:07 pm 

I don't think those bad drivers are limited to Connecticut (CT) they seem to be everywhere unfortunately.

PostPosted: February 15, 2016, 6:37 pm 

JackMcCornack wrote:
CT drivers? I'm not familiar with the term. Cage and Truck? California Troopers? Children and Teenagers?

Doesn't take much to throw you old coots into a heap a darkness. :lol:

Al.. an acronym hating old coot that didn't know what it meant either :ack:

PostPosted: February 15, 2016, 8:21 pm 

Mr Kayak Fish
thank you for your comments
We are done.

PostPosted: February 15, 2016, 8:29 pm 

Mr. Wharton,

I think there are folks here that would buy clamshell fenders from you if you're in production with them. But if you're done, well, can't blame you, this is a tough crowd.

PostPosted: February 15, 2016, 8:54 pm 

Concur with the CT drives and the full face helmet. I took a carpenter bee to the forehead wile riding my Ducati. Hit the Arai helmet and rocked my head back. A few weeks later, I nearly got a flight of turkeys in the face and chest. Amazing how dangerous the world is at speed.

PostPosted: February 16, 2016, 10:15 am 

raceral wrote:
JackMcCornack wrote:

Doesn't take much to throw you old coots into a heap a darkness. :lol:

Al.. an acronym hating old coot that didn't know what it meant either :ack:

JackMcCornack wrote:

Connecticut :BH:

I've driven all over the country, grew up 40 minutes from new York city and my in laws are still on long island. Connecticut (CT), Still takes the cake for oblivious [PooPoo] heads in my book.

I towed for a few years when we needed it at the old shop I used to manage.. Some of the accidents I saw were pretty incredible.

Girl got her hair stuck on her 4 runner steering wheel and managed to hit a firehydrant, 4 parked cars and a telephone pole before coming to a stop.

married Woman and her boyfriend coming home from a bar at 2 am, boyfriend pleasuring woman, woman not paying total attention - 75 mph into the back of parked tractor trailer 3 lanes away from where she was traveling. she was decapitated, boyfriend lived just long enough to give a statement.

Showed up to one where a man in a lifted wrangler drove up and down the side of a C5 corvette because the corvette driver would not let him merge.

my personal favorite, a woman who was trying to eat spaghetti with a fork and knife off a plate on the merit parkway. She also had three catering trays of said spaghetti in the back seat, on her way to a family party. when she hit the guardrail after she lost her fork, approximately 30 pounds of spaghetti and red sauce coated the inside of her dodge intrepid.

List continues.

Driven5 wrote:
Forced Induction + Magic Spinning Doritos = EMod

PostPosted: February 16, 2016, 11:38 am 

Fixed my sig line so it won't confuse people in the future
:cheers:

OOPS I did it again
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=17496

Blood Sweat and Beers
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=15216

PostPosted: February 16, 2016, 11:55 am 

I worked in Corrections for a while (level 4/5 maximum security inmates).. showers are often the safest place!

Now if you tinkle without simultaneously and continuously flushing the toilet.. you may catch a rolled up coffee cup lid in the neck.

:lol:

Driven5 wrote:
Forced Induction + Magic Spinning Doritos = EMod

PostPosted: February 16, 2016, 12:04 pm 
The voice of reason

I'll probably have some more comments later, but I would like to start off with saying that at all times and circumstances I expect this nut house we call a web forum to be friendlier than a prison shower. This has been a core philosophy here for many years.

We also expect the language here to be free of swearing, cursing and politics etc. You guys all know this, and agreed to thee things when you became members.

I's in everyone's interest here for there to be more suppliers of parts for our cars and more builders. I think that Mr. Wharton has been less than artful in his approach here, but he is welcome to put up posts. Everyone is allowed to learn. It is clear to all of us that a person's abilities as a builder do not indicate their social skills. As a computer engineer for 40 years I see a lot of this. In the old days they just kept us in a back room with no windows behind a pile of machines. :rofl:

So please agree to differ and encourage each other when possible....

PostPosted: February 16, 2016, 12:25 pm 

Fair enough.
I'll start being nice again.

OOPS I did it again
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=17496

Blood Sweat and Beers
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=15216

PostPosted: February 16, 2016, 12:39 pm 

JackMcCornack wrote:
Mr. Wharton, I think there are folks here that would buy clamshell fenders from you if you're in production with them.
Or cycle fenders if there are options...

K "re-of-fendered" S

Check out Firearm Finishes & Coating for options to ceramic coat your Locost parts. Hundreds of stock or custom colors including Chrome and Clear Coating options now available! High Temp options for hot bits!! Plastics too!!

Never become a pessimist. A pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.-Robert A. Heinlein

PostPosted: February 16, 2016, 2:17 pm 

TooBusy wrote:
Fixed my sig line so it won't confuse people in the future
:cheers:
Ah, the camaraderie of the prison shower. Man, that brings back memories, don't it? :)

PostPosted: February 16, 2016, 2:38 pm 

Toobusy love that Calvin and Hobbes pic. Ah to be satisfied with a hill and a wagon for speed. Eventually it's just not enough though isn't it. Faster faster!!

PostPosted: February 16, 2016, 3:06 pm 

JackMcCornack wrote:
Ah, the camaraderie of the prison shower. Man, that brings back memories, don't it? :)
Something to share with the group Jack? :shock:

KS

Check out Firearm Finishes & Coating for options to ceramic coat your Locost parts. Hundreds of stock or custom colors including Chrome and Clear Coating options now available! High Temp options for hot bits!! Plastics too!!

Never become a pessimist. A pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.-Robert A. Heinlein

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next