LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 14, 2017, 9:09 pm 

Hi, folks.

I started my project many years ago, but never completed. I'm now relocating across country, and must sell a number of Locost and 7-related parts that I have had in my garage for some time. It will take me some time to go through at catalog everything, but I will start with a few things. I'm not sure what to price some of these at, so have taken a stab at it and have tried to be reasonable. Feedback is welcome.

Redline Alloy sump, water rail and thermostat housing (Zetec conversion). The sump has has been installed on a motor. Although never run, I would have to class it as used. The water rail and thermostat housing are new in box. Original price USD $1033. Sell for USD $650 plus shipping.

Caterham USA Zetec/T9 Alloy Bellhousing. New. Original price USD $480. Sell for USD $300 plus shipping.

Caterham USA Zetec Light Pressure Plate and Disc. Installed but never run. Original price USD $214. Sell USD $150 plus shipping.

Caterham USA T9 clutch slave cylinder. New. Original price USD $121. Sell USD $75.00 plus shipping.

Fidanza Zetec lightened flywheel. Installed on the engine, but never run. Original price USD $400. Sell USD $300 plus shipping.

Westfield T9 Gearshift adapter (moves shifter back). Original price GBP 71. Sell USD $40.

I have attached a few pictures, but will try to get more/better ones posted soon. It's very cold, and the garage is crowded! :roll:

In addition to the above, I have a Tilton racing pedal set, MSI Zetec front cover/compact alternator kit, Kinetic cycle fenders (4) and nose cone, Classic Instruments Hot Rod gauge set (5 gauges plus fuel), Racetech removable steering wheel (305mm) and hub, Painless wiring harness, Westfield switch set, aluminum fuel cell professionally modified to fit Locost chassis, etc. All new. Will get pictures of those and post the specifics.

Any questions, please feel free to ask. :cheers:

Thanks,
Shaun

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: March 16, 2017, 8:30 pm 

Hello, again. Adding some additional items. Feel free to make (reasonable) offers.

Classic Instruments gauges (6 gauge set plus clock). New in box. MSRP from their website is USD $641 plus USD $115.00 for the clock. Will sell for USD $475.00

Important, note that the speedo is in KPH as I am in Canada!

Thanks,
Shaun

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: March 16, 2017, 9:41 pm 

Here is a picture of the Westfield switch kit, which is mentioned in my original post, above. Westfield sells these for GBP 89.80, which is about USD $111, plus shipping. I would sell for USD $75 plus shipping. These are new, never installed.

Cheers,
Shaun

PostPosted: March 20, 2017, 6:23 pm 

I sent you a pm about the Kinetic fenders I might be interested as I am guessing I am not to far away across the border outside of Buffalo.

PostPosted: March 22, 2017, 3:50 pm 

Damn! Where were you a few years ago??? I could have saved myself a great deal of time & money!! :BH:

http://zetec7.webs.com/

PostPosted: March 26, 2017, 11:38 am 

Sent you an email, thanks.

PostPosted: April 8, 2017, 11:51 am 

zetec7 wrote:
Damn! Where were you a few years ago??? I could have saved myself a great deal of time & money!! :BH:

Apologies for the late reply -- it's been a crazy couple of weeks for me!

Funny thing is that all this stuff used to reside in BC as that is where I lived at the time I started it. Soon, I will be headed back out that way.

Cheers,
Shaun

PostPosted: April 8, 2017, 12:34 pm 

Hi, folks.

Sorry for the lack of updates -- the last few weeks have been really crazy.

A number of items (fenders, nose code, pedals, etc.) have already sold, so I thought I would provide an update on what I still have.

Zetec stuff (Redline oil pan, water rail, bellhousing, flywheel, clutch, etc.)
MSI compact front alternator/belt/adjuster for Zetec (extremely compact setup for chassis clearance -- was made for Birkins). Engine has never run with it.
Classic Instruments gauge set plus clock
Westfield switch kit
RaceTech 305mm detachable steering wheel and hub (paid USD $315)
Westfield T9 shifter extender
Professionally fabricated and powder coated book wishbones, with new ball joints, mounting brackets, heim joints, spacers, etc. along with a set of Stellar (Cortina) uprights. Really nice "by the book" setup.
Custom fuel cell modified to match a book chassis.

I have attached a picture of the RaceTech wheel. Will post some additional pictures shortly.

Please feel free to make reasonable offers on these items. It's difficult prices things, sometimes.

Thanks,
Shaun

PostPosted: April 8, 2017, 2:13 pm 

Adding a few more pictures.

Cheers,
Shaun

PostPosted: April 8, 2017, 2:17 pm 

A few more.

Wishbones, ball joints, uprights, Dzus fasteners for nose cone, Westfield exhaust mount.

Cheers,
Shaun

PostPosted: April 8, 2017, 3:07 pm 

MAN, there's some good stuff there!! Had I seen this a few years ago, I'd have happily written you a cheque for the whole works & considered myself very lucky indeed.

BTW, it's probably worth mentioning that if those Hyundai Stellar uprights are indeed the same as the Cortina ones (and I believe they are), the wheel bolt pattern would be the same as Mustang II/Pinto - so a small Ford (7 1/2"?) rear end, for 4-bolt wheels, would be a match for the front hubs. Makes it easy to get wheels, etc.!

http://zetec7.webs.com/