LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: February 7, 2019, 2:09 pm 

the legal description starts at the plat and is a written description for a start point, just a grid discription

the legal description is as follows

OR 123 P 801 COMM at SWC, RUNN 50ft, N88*E730FT to begin,RUN N 210ft, N88*E105FT,S210ft, S88*W along RTWY HWY S-162,105ft to POB....OR 438 P841 OR 551P 381 OR594 P629 OR1109P 484 OR1523 P579

if you can understand that in terms of the boundaries for doing a plot plan you are a better man than me.

good to see concrete is going down for your too busy, too small garage but any port or shop in a storm, the metal shop i want to build is only half of what i have now which is 36 X 48 and 12 FT high.

the county have an overlay but state that the boundaries shown may not be accurate

but we in it shall be remembered.

PostPosted: February 7, 2019, 5:10 pm 

John, just a semi-educated guess of your plot:

Quote:
METES AND BOUNDS SURVEY
OR 123 P 801 (?)
COMM at SWC, (commence at Southwest corner presumably of some township, range and section)
RUN N 50ft, N88 (measure North for 50 ft.) (Not sure of the N88)

*E730FT to begin, (then 730 ft due east. The end of this line is the starting point of your plot)
RUN N 210ft, N88 (1st lot line starts and runs 210ft North) (Not sure of the N88)
*E105FT, (2nd lot line runs due east for 105 ft)
S210ft, S88 (3rd lot line runs 210 ft) (Not sure of the S88)
*W along RTWY HWY S-162 105ft to POB (4th line runs west 105 ft along the state hwy 162’s right of way to POB (point of beginning))....
OR 438 P841 (?)
OR 551P 381 (?)
OR594 P629 (?)
OR1109P 484 (?)
OR1523 P579 (?)

If this sounds like it is halfway right, your reference point is over 731.7 ft away from your property's SW corner. There you,might find some marker or an iron post.?

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: February 7, 2019, 7:50 pm 

@john hennessy
Relevant PM sent

Sorry for the hijack, Tommy.

Cheers all,

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: February 8, 2019, 9:18 am 

No worries on the thread hijack. That's the way things flow.

OR Origin 123 P801 should be the number stamped into the head of the Iron Pin.
Biggest problem is the Pin may or may not be above ground. The origin pin and the south corner pin on my lot are both about 1 ffot underground. The surveyor found them with a metal detector. It helped a great deal that there is a notch cut in the curb roughly in line with the pin.
The three that define the odd shape and are back corners for where all the lots come together are 3 feet tall. Two of them have been used as common fence posts. 8)

I ordered building materials yesterday. Long lead item are the trusses. I should get a call later today with an estimated delivery date.
Everything else is in stock at Lowe's.
Sadly they don't have a boom truck to set shingles on the roof.

OOPS I did it again
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=17496

Blood Sweat and Beers
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=15216

PostPosted: February 8, 2019, 8:06 pm 
Automotive Encyclopedia

https://www.toolsofthetrade.net/trucks- ... e-hoists_o

LxWxHt
360LA 442E: 134.5x46x15
Lotus7:115x39x7.25
Tiger Avon:114x40x13.3-12.6
Champion/Book:114x42x11
Gibbs/Haynes:122x42x14
VoDou:113x44x14
McSorley 442:122x46x14
Collins 241:127x46x12

PostPosted: February 11, 2019, 11:24 am 

Those look like creative solutions. I especially like the dual elevator. Doubt that I'll build anything, instead I'll put my son into service and let him have a leg day at the house instead of the Gym.

The contractor is supposed to show up later this week and do the final grading. We got more rain last night and today, so my concern is he'll make it worse instead of better if he brings in the skid loader. We'll see how it plays out.

The lumber is scheduled to arrive Thursday, garage door sometime next week, and don't yet have a date for the trusses. If the weather cooperates I'll start building a box on Saturday.

I spent a few hours Saturday digging a French drain on the uphill side. The ditch is 2 feet wide and will get lined with landscape fabric, a perforated drain tube, and #67 rock. I'm planning to leave the rock exposed and have a narrow strip of buffalo grass along the fence line. We'll see how it plays out in the long run.

OOPS I did it again

Blood Sweat and Beers

PostPosted: February 11, 2019, 1:06 pm 

TooBusy wrote:
Those look like creative solutions. I especially like the dual elevator. Doubt that I'll build anything, instead I'll put my son into service and let him have a leg day at the house instead of the Gym.

The contractor is supposed to show up later this week and do the final grading. We got more rain last night and today, so my concern is he'll make it worse instead of better if he brings in the skid loader. We'll see how it plays out.

The lumber is scheduled to arrive Thursday, garage door sometime next week, and don't yet have a date for the trusses. If the weather cooperates I'll start building a box on Saturday.

I spent a few hours Saturday digging a French drain on the uphill side. The ditch is 2 feet wide and will get lined with landscape fabric, a perforated drain tube, and #67 rock. I'm planning to leave the rock exposed and have a narrow strip of buffalo grass along the fence line. We'll see how it plays out in the long run.

You just reminded me. About 1970 something I was building a garage at my 1st home. I was at the point that you are. The slab was poured and I had the lumber stacked on the slab waiting for me to do the stud and rafter work. I hadn't purchased the service door or code-required window yet. I came home from work one day and there, lying against the lumber was a window and a door. Whose they were, I didn't know. Obviously they were supposed to be for someone else in the area. I left them there for a few weeks and nobody came to collect them. I decided to use them in my garage build.

I can remember many a time when I was in my 20's, I just took an 80# shingle bundle, threw it on my right shoulder, climbed up the ladder and very tentatively stepped onto the roof. Once 4 or 5 bundles were done, the rest seemed to be like 2nd nature. Today, I wouldn't try doing that in a heartbeat. That job is for the young. Tommy, give you son a beer or two AFTER the job is done! Nobody had a beer before any work was done on any of my home renovations. :cheers:

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: February 11, 2019, 1:25 pm 
We are Slotus!

Quote:
Tommy, give you son a beer or two AFTER the job is done! Nobody had a beer before any work was done on any of my home renovations.
Maybe having a beer or two BEFORE the job was done is how that footer got all catty-wampus to begin with... :mrgreen:

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: February 11, 2019, 1:54 pm 

Chuck when I was a teenager I spent a good bit of the summer doing construction including more roofing than I'd ever care to repeat. I weighed 120 soaking wet and would put a bundle on each shoulder and walk up the ladder. Young, dumb, and strong at that point.
That's also the summer I rode a 4x8 sheet of plywood off a roof. I did mention dumb right?

The boy isn't a drinker, but I expect a couple of other helpers will be. It'll be water, iced tea, and Gatorade during work and cold beer after we knock off. Planning a pig picking for the grand opening party. I haven't had an occasion to smoke any shoulders in a while, so this seems like as good a reason as any.

JD, I think there may have been some wacky bachy consumed during the footing dig and frame.

OOPS I did it again

Blood Sweat and Beers

PostPosted: February 11, 2019, 2:05 pm 
We are Slotus!

Quote:
Planning a pig picking for the grand opening party.
Hmmmmm....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: February 11, 2019, 4:14 pm 

Sorry JD, the new place is a little further, but you do get to pass through Valdosta for more good eats.

Attachment:
map.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OOPS I did it again

Blood Sweat and Beers

PostPosted: February 12, 2019, 12:20 pm 

Cold and wet. Final grading around the pad postponed.
Good news is the ditch I dug seems to be working beautifully except for the last 3 feet. I have a little low spot near the NW corner that is holding about 5 gallons. A touch more shovel work should take care of that.

Material delivery is still set for Thursday. Weather the next few days is sketchy. Forecast keeps changing and I hope the rain moves in sooner rather than later.

Right now the plan is to frame walls this weekend weather permitting.
East elevation at the end of the driveway
Attachment:
E wall.jpg

South wall looking North
Attachment:
S wall.jpg

West wall looking East
Attachment:
w wall.jpg

North wall looking South
Attachment:
N wall.jpg

I plan to start with the North wall as it's the easiest. I think I'm building it in 2 sections and sheathing it with it laying on the pad. Building in 2 sections makes raising it easier.

Then south wall getting the door and window framed. Again, build in 2 sections. The top plate and a piece of sheathing overlapped will tie the pieces together.

Then west wall making framing out the garage door wall the last and toughest part of the initial build.

:cheers:

OOPS I did it again

Blood Sweat and Beers

PostPosted: February 12, 2019, 2:53 pm 

The truss company just called. They want to deliver tomorrow :shock:

I wasn't expecting trusses until the end of next week at the earliest.

OOPS I did it again

Blood Sweat and Beers

PostPosted: February 12, 2019, 6:39 pm 

In roofing company we truss'd?

Louisville, KY
Hayes front, S10 +2 rear, Lalo body.

PostPosted: February 12, 2019, 7:42 pm 
Automotive Encyclopedia

I'd tell them to wait until I had all the walls up, so I could put the trusses on the floor to keep them flat and close to where they need to be. I built my trusses from plans and screwed jig blocks to the floor.

LxWxHt
360LA 442E: 134.5x46x15
Lotus7:115x39x7.25
Tiger Avon:114x40x13.3-12.6
Champion/Book:114x42x11
Gibbs/Haynes:122x42x14
VoDou:113x44x14
McSorley 442:122x46x14
Collins 241:127x46x12

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next