LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: March 30, 2010, 12:09 pm 

What part of Utah you moving to? I would love to stop in and take a look at your car and I am always willing to turn a wrench.

PostPosted: March 30, 2010, 11:17 pm 
Auto Motive, My friends call me Motive

Spanish Fork. Were are you at?

PostPosted: March 31, 2010, 6:15 pm 

I'm a little further north in Kaysville.

PostPosted: May 20, 2010, 2:19 pm 

Hi motive have you got settled in yet?
just thought i would show you a pic of the finished car, have you had a chance to do anything else to yours yet.

PostPosted: October 2, 2010, 2:58 am 

I think its about time for a little update. I never wanted to be one of those builders who seems to be going along just fine then all the sudden everything stops and they disapear from the forums. Well, thats what happened to me anyway. Utah has been absolutly great. I can't tell you how much happier I am in my work and daily life now that I am not working with my father-in-law. Don't get me wrong, he is a great guy, he treated me well when he could, and treated me better than he could afford when things were getting tough. Its just that when you are so close to the situation, you can't come home and vent to the wife how your "blankity, blank" boss is a total tool! He has had to take a new job and move to North Dakota so in a way it was a mutual parting instead of just me getting out. I am glad that we made the move before things got real ugly between us and caused permanant damage.

Since being in Utah I've been working alot. It takes alot to get the ball rolling when you start fresh anywere in construction. I have also had the pleasure of putting more miles on my dirtbike than in the last several years combined. Having my brothers and great riding spots close by has made it hard to do anything else with my free time.

PostPosted: October 2, 2010, 3:20 am 

(For some reason, I can't make long posts.)

As far as the car goes, it made the trip alright. It got caught in the rain for awhile on the trip down so all my clean steal has some surface rust now. I hate rust! As a teenager with my first truck, I spent way too much time grinding out cancer and sanding fenders just in order to have a ride that wouldn't earn me the ridicual of all the cool kids in high school. So anyway, the serface rust has been a mental issue with me. Then there is the issue of trying to buy some racing seats off e-bay. My first attempt I paid but paypal had to verify my account because of the move so they didn't send the money right away. After two weeks of the seller saying that paypal hadn't released the money yet, I called paypal. After that I tried to get ahold of the seller who mysteriously dissapeared. (He even had a real good customer feedback history). Another 5 weeks of waiting for paypal to try to get ahold of the seller befor they would refund my money. The second vendor I ordered seats from had them on my door in 4 days! Time to head out to the garage! Where the hell is the steal I had planned on useing for seat mounts? I don't know were it went and I haven't made it to the steal yard yet. Done a few little things here and there but nothing to interesting.

Its weird how you get these periods where you just hate looking at a project! Its like a marriage. At first you spend every free second together, you think about her all day when you can't be with her. You spend all your time together in a cramped little appartment that is poorly lit, always too hot or too cold, cluttered, and your constantly tripping over all her stuff lying on the floor but still you can't wait to get home from work to be with her. Then there is the money issue...

PostPosted: October 2, 2010, 3:39 am 

You don't have enough money to buy her all the nice clothes and shoes and bling that would really make her look sexy but yet you find her so incredibly attractive because she is all yours!

Then after awhile something starts to change. You go out with some friends after work one day and she is already asleep when you get home. The next day after work instead of running home to her because you didn't spend any time with her the day before, you want to go out with the guys again. The messy house is starting to get to you. Now she seems to be letting herself go. she just doesn't turn you on the way she use to. She starts to complain that all her clothes are worn out, hand me downs yet there isn't any extra money this month so you have to tell her she'll just have to wait. Soon you are hardly speaking. You fall asleep every night in front of the TV while she falls asleep reading some romance noven with a picture on the cover that would make Britney Spears blush. And she dreams in the dark of you, of anyone, sweaping her off her feet once again and making her feel like a woman once again.

OK, that metaphor got to personal :lol: I'm going to go to something productive like change my avatar. Ya, thats what I need. Some change will spice up my relationship!

PostPosted: October 2, 2010, 8:02 am 

Everything worth having involves work to make it happen. That includes good marriages and home made cars.

Bill

PostPosted: December 1, 2010, 8:28 pm 

BBlue wrote:
Everything worth having involves work to make it happen. That includes good marriages and home made cars.

Bill

Well said!

J. R.

PostPosted: December 2, 2010, 12:47 pm 

Yo Zane,
Hope you had a good birthday yesterday. I sent you a text but you must have changed your phone #. The car is looking great. I'll have to come skiing in Utah this winter. Just hit Big Sky yesterday, they had the best opening in 10 years.
-B

PostPosted: June 24, 2011, 7:38 am 

I really hate to see this project stagnate. I tell you what, I'll give you $25 and my favorite pet rock for it. Whaddayasay?

It looks like you're soooo close to having it roadable. How about a compromise - bolt up some lights and run it as an "exo" until you feel the urge to get back to the bodywork? It's a shame to hide your workmanship anyway...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10