LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently May 4, 2024, 5:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thanksgiving 2014
PostPosted: November 26, 2014, 10:09 am 

"And to All,a Happy Thanksgiving!"
Today most of us are readying the belly for T-day- Damn Skippy! We all have much to be thankful for. But we should also try to keep others in lesser circumstance in mind-for some of them, even peace, much less a feast meal is impossible.
I say this to the members and "playas" of the most civil, helpful, cheerful and productive boards I lurk in- you guys just rock- even when the odd rock chunker weighs in!
I've been pretty close mouthed, and occasionally needlessly smart ass, and I'm surely a "dreamer" (no, not am immigrant!), but you have still allowed me to sit at the table with the adults (OK, the big kids!) and watch- now for three years; Thanks to each and every one of you! If I ever get beyond some "life" events, and back out of "small winter quarters" I know what will fill my time and soul- this "craft hobby" of yours. You've already kept me up at night and stopped me going apeshot crazy in a medically forced reduction in lifestyle-for the workaholic I was it was a catastrophy- I didn't really miss the bucks, but the challenges and the ego were all invested there, I really didn't have a clue when the lights went out- Andrew, you and your band of merry mad mechanics saved me, and you didn't even make it look hard!
Enough of my ramble- Just Many Thanks for Being There, Take Lots More Pictures---- Chris lotsa :cheers:

Post subject: Re: Thanksgiving 2014
PostPosted: November 27, 2014, 7:59 pm 

I too am thankful to have this forum to exchange thoughts and ideas with all of you other misfit toys...And I hope that you are all having a happy Thanksgiving! :cheers:

"Orville Wright did not have a pilots license." - Gordon MacKenzie

PostPosted: November 28, 2014, 1:26 am 
The voice of reason

I survived thanksgiving, 2014! Tomorrow I weld and Saturday someones lending me a T5 and bellhousing to help fit my engine bay tubes.

Chris, gad to see you around here. Hang in there, keep dreaming and someday build something!

PostPosted: November 28, 2014, 2:45 am 

H- I am always happy to creep around here! :mrgreen: Something jumps up and bites me (in a good way) everytime I do.
My TG happens a day late- friends coming from out of town-I'm pumped! Can't wait to get out of "small winter quarters), which was a circus friend's way of saying you couldn't swing a cat in here! Since I'm lazy, and the GoPro is a gift, I'll probably mount it in the zone and let it auto shoot every 5 minutes- I promise, I'll post lots of pics, because when this plumber asks a dumb question, you all will need a bunch of pictures to figure out what I'm on about! :ack:
Thanks All- Chris :cheers:

PostPosted: November 28, 2014, 9:32 am 
We are Slotus!

Quote:
needlessly smart ass
I don't understand this phrase??? :shock:
Happy Thanksgiving to all of y'all! Chris/MSW I hope you are havin' a good one there in Cajun country. (Fried nutria, anyone?)

MARCUS!!! Git back in that shop, chip the ice off of everything* and build something! The welder will keep ya warm. :mrgreen:

Quote:
all of you other misfit toys...
I'm pretty sure I resemble that remark... :mrgreen: Hope you had a good one too, Justin!

*Speaking of cold weather, I wore my Hawaiian flowery shirt and blue jean shorts to Thanksgiving dinner at HamDip's house. James was similarly attired. We had an excellent turkey that TWWTFM baked, oyster dressin', squash casserole, cranberry sauce that James made his-own-self, and cherry cobbler for dessert. Life is good, and I'm thankful for it.

:cheers:
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: November 28, 2014, 10:34 am 

But will JD ever fir back into Slotus again? Will he (and Team Slotus) still be able to run the border into Georgia and evade sanction by the "Others"? Inquiring minds want to know-and they want pictures to prove it!

JD, you ole' sharp tongued devil you; glad you (and about twenty dozen other guys I follow here!) had a belly buster TG! :mrgreen: Chris :thmbsup:

PostPosted: November 28, 2014, 10:37 am 
Automotive Encyclopedia

Sounds semi-casual JD. Now pass the tofu-rkey.

LxWxHt
360LA 442E: 134.5x46x15
Lotus7:115x39x7.25
Tiger Avon:114x40x13.3-12.6
Champion/Book:114x42x11
Gibbs/Haynes:122x42x14
VoDou:113x44x14
McSorley 442:122x46x14
Collins 241:127x46x12

PostPosted: November 28, 2014, 10:55 am 
We are Slotus!

Miatav8,MstrASE,A&P,F wrote:
Sounds semi-casual JD. Now pass the tofu-rkey.

Well, yeah, I guess it was "semi" casual... We WERE wearing pants, after all!
Tofu-rkey? Not in this bunch, Bro. I gots too many cousins that raise real turkeys for a livin' to buy that fake stuff!
Hope you had a good one too, MV8!
:cheers:

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: November 29, 2014, 3:09 am 

What, no turducken for anybody?

PostPosted: November 29, 2014, 12:55 pm 
Toyotaphobe

Driven5 wrote:
What, no turducken for anybody?

Like so many things in life, just because you can (stuff birds up each other's a$$) doesn't mean you should.

I can explain it to you,
but I can't understand it for you.

PostPosted: November 29, 2014, 5:35 pm 

Mr Driven, This letter is to inform you that our client, Mr. Mysmallwheels, having sustained injury falling out of his chair due to your untimely and unfortunately caustic remark, is retaining us, the Hittem, Clippem and Takem Lawfirm, to sue for damages and other compensatory relief. Since he is still laughing uncontrollably and cannot be thoroughly examined by competent medical help we can only guess at the scope of this lawsuit- sending a large suitcase full of money by square john courier in brown shoes could definitely reduce your legal exposure! Sincerly, H,C&T Lawfirm :mrgreen:

PostPosted: November 30, 2014, 3:58 am 

Demonstrating beyond a reasonable doubt that the accused possesses a sense of humor, would require proving Mrs. Driven wrong.

There are prophecies foretelling of such an event leading to the fall of man and the end of days...Proceed at your own risk.

PostPosted: November 30, 2014, 5:26 pm 

Dear Mr & Mrs Driven,
the only way the Lawfirm of Hittem, Clippem and Takem would enter such a discussion as you propose would be to represent both of you in a civil "marital adjustment" court. It is our feeling that the "truth " of these disharmonies can be best soted out in domestic court while maximizing the fee potentials of H,C&T- keeping our partners wholly engaged throughout what we hope will be a lengthy and productive process for us...all. We would like to inform you both that we have partners available to file the relevant papers and begin the process- all for each of you only sending a pullman size suitcase of money to "get things started". We can promise our attention from the first moment onward; if the two of you do not have "issues" at our first appointment, we will certainly provide some-manufacturing issues is what H,C&T has built a formidable reputation on!
Signed- I.LL Takem :twisted:
Uall Clippem :shock:
W.E. Hittem :boxing:
PS- Hope you and Mrs Driven enjoyed my daft humor, and had a warm and memorable Thanksgiving!
PPS- MSW is recovering nicely-we discovered the truth of your comments re "lack of sense of humor"-possibly Mrs Driven is on to something there-MSW whacked his funny bone when the cat did a flying brush pass with claws extended-H,C&T can only extend it's sincere apolgies, and inform you that promised lawsuit cannot be justified at the present time-we will however keep your name handy in case we find or create some other cause. H,C&T :ack:
Chris :cheers: