LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 18, 2024, 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 16, 2020, 8:58 pm 

JackMcCornack wrote:
I've had to give up internet dating, and meaningless sex with random strangers. I'm afraid one of them is going to touch my face.

(Perhaps this would be better in the Heard Any Good Jokes? thread, but too late now. Anyway, I'm kidding)

Sex? Vague memory! "What I used to do all nite now takes me all nite to do!".

PostPosted: May 16, 2020, 9:56 pm 
Mid-Engined Maniac

What's most difficult for me? Coming to terms just how dumb, selfish, and careless people are. I thought I already had a pretty good idea, but during this virus thing, I'm seeing new lows.

PostPosted: May 16, 2020, 11:58 pm 

Jack,

By kust kidding do you mean you haven't given up internet dating and meaningless sex with random strangers?

Just channeling JD.

PostPosted: May 17, 2020, 11:00 am 

KB58 wrote:
What's most difficult for me? Coming to terms just how dumb, selfish, and careless people are. I thought I already had a pretty good idea, but during this virus thing, I'm seeing new lows.

Agreed. I try to say to myself it is a minority of people that are this way, but I'm increasingly doubting that now.

PostPosted: May 17, 2020, 11:10 pm 

I live in a somewhat rural area so my daily life hasn't changed much. Maybe because of that, and because we are still under stay at home order, I encounter a lot of cynical people. I despise talking politics, but everyone around me wants to share their opinions how this is all a hoax or conspiracy. You know what they say about opinions?...

PostPosted: June 2, 2020, 8:54 am 

1. Selling a piece of commercial real estate which is the building where my shop is located. The deal began in January and As with all commercial real estate deals, it was going to take 4-6 months to complete. Unfortunately, the buyer wanted to “fast track” the deal and be in within 90 days. When it began to look like it was actually going to happen, I needed to begin a serious search for a new building to move all of my “stuff” into. Our esteemed Governor here in PA decided that real estate was a “non-essential” and all new real estate transaction needed to be put on hold. No showings, no inspections, no closings, no notary work! Seriously, the only state to shutter realtors and not allow them to work. Existing deals can move along but no new deals can happen, so I am going to be homeless in another 2 weeks.

2. Luckily I was able to find another building, but only able to look at pictures on-line and drive around it. A week and a half ago, the state opened back up real estate and we began the inspections. Now I’m under the gun because Covid has everyone scrambling to catch up on 6 weeks of inactivity and inspectors and appraisers are backed up. Hopefully it all gets straightened out in the next week or so as I need to move. Hoping to be in a new building mid-month.

**** All of that means absolutely NOTHING! What’s the most difficult for me to do during COVID-19? That’s an easy one to answer. When the woman that you loved for 20 years gets a slight cough, begins working from home, has the cough persist, goes to get tested just in case and then gets the phone call that her test results were POSITIVE. Deciding that you are not and will never leave her side no matter what happens, again, and figure out how to isolate yet still care for her. That’s the difficult part. Fortunately she never did get very sick, just a nasty cough which ended up with bruised ribs and a loss of smell & taste that still lingers today. The worry is unreal! She is at in a higher risk demographic because of previous chemotherapy and radiation due to brain tumor/cancer and I watch out for her in everything that goes on in our lives. We are thankful for how she was able to come through it, but are being cautious in all we do.

It’s hard to stay away from the person you love. Luckily our house is set-up to where it was possible. She is on the mend, doing well and I can now sleep again in OUR bedroom. As for the real estate transaction, it’s moving along.............

PostPosted: June 2, 2020, 3:30 pm 

It's comforting to know that the virus isn't a certain death sentence. Hope the recovery is complete and you can get on. Sorry you had to go through it,

PostPosted: June 3, 2020, 2:28 am 

Dan, that's got to be rough. I'm sorry.

My grandparents have been forcibly separated for coming up on 3 months now. They just spent their 69th anniversary apart. :(

"Orville Wright did not have a pilots license." - Gordon MacKenzie

PostPosted: June 3, 2020, 9:22 am 

Dan, glad to hear its working out. This has been difficult for so many. some more then others. We are in the Wisconsin are that has been on national news that has people that are locked down in Illinois decided to travel north to Wisconsin where the State Supreme Court overrode the Governor as to the "Stay at home". Already we are seeing an increase in the state's cases.

Now everyone is running around in large groups with no PPE over the weekends. Then they go back to IL during the week. We are waiting for the next couple of weeks to see how the infection rate is affected in both areas.

I have a compromised lung capacity from a bout of pneumonia over 15 yrs ago. So I am very careful about exposure. The FIBS (F**king IL Bas***ds) really don't care when up hear. Even the IL Governor has an estate here on the Lake and came up, we hear, over the Memorial weekend and rented a local favorite restaurant for "friends & family" that weekend. So much for him and his concern about the safety of the people.

Thom