LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 9, 2020, 5:37 pm 

Surely I'm missing something obvious? **please feel free to move this as needed- didn't know where to ask it...

I want to put a pic in my avitar and maybe modify my signature.. On the control panel, I'm choosing 'Profile,' but I then get 'error 500' and there's nothing to do/click on.. (broken link?)

Am I missing something?

thanks-

--ccrunner

1972 Honda N600 Restomod "ccrunner's N600 VFR800 repower"

1963 Volvo P1800 Restomod
http://locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=16309

1959 Berkeley SE492 Restomod...
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=19397

"ccrunner's 1960 MGA coupe Restomod" found on MGExp.com

PostPosted: December 9, 2020, 5:52 pm 

Ok.. nevermind.. I went to the 'report a problem' thread and I see that many others have had the same issue before me.. In an effort to be proactive, is there a contact/email/web guru we can reach out to to fix what you'd think would be a basic issue?

As one who witnessed "The Great 2019 Picture Purge," knowing the basic stuff isn't working doesn't inspire much confindence in putting all of this effort into a build log that seems like it might be a whisper away from dissapearing :?

1972 Honda N600 Restomod "ccrunner's N600 VFR800 repower"

1963 Volvo P1800 Restomod
http://locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=16309

1959 Berkeley SE492 Restomod...
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=19397

"ccrunner's 1960 MGA coupe Restomod" found on MGExp.com

PostPosted: December 9, 2020, 10:07 pm 

ccrunner wrote:
As one who witnessed "The Great 2019 Picture Purge," knowing the basic stuff isn't working doesn't inspire much confidence in putting all of this effort into a build log that seems like it might be a whisper away from disappearing :?
Dean, I rely on my Build Log as the principle documentation and memory bank for my build, too. After the great picture purge I made a back-up plan. After restoring my pictures that had evaporated I saved each of my Build Log pages on my own computer.

Here’s how (Windows 10): First I set the display sequence in my Forum profile to show the oldest thread page as Page 1. Then brought up each Build Log page, set the display option to Print View and then using the browser “printed” the page, setting Printer Type as “Save as PDF.” This let me save each page (by page number) to a “Forum Build Log” file folder on my computer, pictures included. Took some time, but captured them all. Then built a spread sheet index showing each page number, the date for the first post for that page, plus some key words re what that page’s posts were about. I save new pages as they happen.

As my memory’s not getting any better, the index and saved pages has been really helpful in going back to see what I had done several years ago and why. And as long as I back up my own computer, no worries.

My Car9 build: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=14613
"It's the construction of the car-the sheer lunacy and joy of making diverse parts come together and work as one-that counts."

Ultima Spyder, Northstar 4.0, Porsche G50/52

Last edited by seattletom on December 10, 2020, 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: December 10, 2020, 12:20 pm 

Between the forum purge and the fallout from the Photophucket fiasco, remember that there is no singular place that your online content is safe. Always have a backup.

"Orville Wright did not have a pilots license." - Gordon MacKenzie