LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 16, 2024, 2:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: December 9, 2020, 7:12 pm 

One of the things I'm sick of with this mask deal (though mind you, not nearly as sick as I'd be if I caught coronacooties) is I tend to make deadpan jokes, and if people can't see there's a smile that goes along with it, they tend to take me seriously. My friend Andrea (graphics) and I (programming) came up with an iPhone App, called SmileBomb, to help me muddle through.

SmileBomb lets you show expressions, from joyous to Grinch, without taking your mask off. Yeah, it's dumb, but it's 99 cents on the App Store, so nobody's going to miss any meals over it, and it gets giggles from kids, and is appreciated by essential workers, such as nurses and grocery clerks, who don't get to see enough smiles lately.

If there's call for it, I'll port it over to Android.

Does anybody have any ideas for Locost-specific apps to develop? Mind you, I'm pretty much a novitiate at this stuff, so don't ask me to write a suspension analysis app.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: December 10, 2020, 12:21 pm 

Pretty cool. My new pickup line: "Are you as sexy with the mask off as with it on?"

PostPosted: December 10, 2020, 1:13 pm 

I can't say I have any need for facial expression on my Android...However, Wishbone is quite possibly the most underrated suspension design program I've used, especially for typical Locost front suspension design. It's the only basic suspension design program I'm aware of that runs the calculations in 3D, thus also being the only one that will tell you about the geometric effects of things like steering angle, bump steer, and anti's. Updating it to VB extended its useful life once, coming up on a decade ago now, and converting it into app form would be a fantastic way to do so again!

http://locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=11985

"Orville Wright did not have a pilots license." - Gordon MacKenzie

PostPosted: December 14, 2020, 11:47 am 

Another good one would be an app for the brake calculation spreadsheet: http://locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14424&p=153058

...Although, I'm not sure if either of these are quite the type of thing you had in mind.

"Orville Wright did not have a pilots license." - Gordon MacKenzie