LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 16, 2024, 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 7, 2007, 2:22 am 

Wow, I am definitely going to paint my car Locost with Rustoleum. :P

I did use black Rustoleum to paint the cage in my racecar and after I brushed it on you couldn't see brush lines. On the second coat it was about 90 degrees out and I had to abort mission since it was streaking. Do it in a nice cool garage with properly thinned paint and I believe it will do what he says.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 7, 2007, 3:32 am 
Generaly when I get rattlecans it is Rustoleum. I have had to grind off the rustoleum to weld because it wouldn't strike an arc thru it.

This spring I'm going to try to paint the Cobra. The job is intended to be slightly less than a show paint job but better than factory. I have a friend who will help who is a pro painter, but due to health slightly retired. He said that to do it right (strip, prep, paint) in a base/clear will be just under 500 for materials.

I don't know about this process but partly reading thru the Mopar thread I don't see why it wouldn't work. I have a DeVilbiss HVLP gun and a 7hp compressor but this would be much cheeper and cleaner. At least worth a try.