LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: October 18, 2016, 4:06 am 

geek49203 wrote:
This is a HF band saw? Which one?

Yes, the 4x6 red one.

PostPosted: November 30, 2016, 1:39 pm 

Just received the Christmas H/F sale paper. It has a 25% Coupon good 12/8/16 thru 12/11/16. Get 'em while they're HOT! :D

PostPosted: March 28, 2017, 10:50 am 

Public Service Announcement: I received an email about a HFclass action lawsuit. If you meet the criteria, you may want to check your junk mail folder or check it out on line to see how to claim your refund. Especially if you have purchased
a big ticket item.

Quote:
If you are a Class Member and the settlement is approved, and you timely file a Claim Form, you may be entitled to a payment as follows:

OPTION A. Customers who have itemized Harbor Freight receipts reflecting one or more purchases between April 8, 2011 and December 15, 2016 with a “you saved” amount reflected on their receipts can submit copies of those receipts and elect to receive either 20% in cash, or 30% in a Harbor Freight gift card, of the total “you saved” amount listed on their receipts, excluding any amounts reflecting free items or items that were later returned.

OPTION B. Customers who have credit or debit card statements reflecting one or more purchases at Harbor Freight between April 8, 2011 and December 15, 2016 can submit copies of those statements and elect to receive either 10% in cash, or 12% in a Harbor Freight gift card, of the total Harbor Freight purchases on their credit or debit card statement(s), excluding any amounts reflecting items that were later returned.

OPTION C. All other customers who made purchases at Harbor Freight between April 8, 2011 and December 15, 2016 may submit one declaration, signed under penalty of perjury, stating that they purchased an item from Harbor Freight (other than a free or later-returned item) that was advertised with a higher reference price (e.g., “reg. $XXX,” “only $XXX,” or “comp. at $XXX”) adjacent to a lower current offering price, and that they do not have itemized Harbor Freight receipts or credit or debit card statements of their Harbor Freight purchases. Customers submitting this declaration will receive one $10 Harbor Freight gift card.

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: March 28, 2017, 4:29 pm 

HF settlement page:

https://secure.gcginc.com/nsp/LandingPa ... 1490366641

Louisville, KY
Hayes front, S10 +2 rear, Lalo body.

PostPosted: March 28, 2017, 10:50 pm 
Always Moore!

rx7locost wrote:
Quote:
OPTION B. Customers who have credit or debit card statements reflecting one or more purchases at Harbor Freight between April 8, 2011 and December 15, 2016 can submit copies of those statements and elect to receive either 10% in cash, or 12% in a Harbor Freight gift card, of the total Harbor Freight purchases on their credit or debit card statement(s), excluding any amounts reflecting items that were later returned.

Missing out on a few hundred dollar gift card is probably worth not having my credit card statements in the hands of strangers. ;)

PostPosted: November 21, 2017, 8:37 pm 

This just gonna make our cheap tools more expensive

PostPosted: February 21, 2019, 8:42 pm 

Has anybody seen this? Looks like H/F is going upscale with some of their stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck_O5U1Tyz8

:!:

PostPosted: February 22, 2019, 7:18 pm 
Automotive Encyclopedia

For me, Home Depot Husky tools replaced Sears Craftsman.

LxWxHt
360LA 442E: 134.5x46x15
Lotus7:115x39x7.25
Tiger Avon:114x40x13.3-12.6
Champion/Book:114x42x11
Gibbs/Haynes:122x42x14
VoDou:113x44x14
McSorley 442:122x46x14
Collins 241:127x46x12

PostPosted: February 23, 2019, 12:45 pm 

I know what you mean. Craftsman used to be IT for me. Now my tool chest is is inhabited by Kobalt, Husky, and H/F as well as my old Sears Craftsman. When I first moved to the Ozarks from So-Cal, the nearest Sears store was almost 100 miles away. The nearest town of any size is Mountain Home, AR (30 miles). They have a Home Depot, a Lowes and a Harbor freight all within spittin' distance of each other

PostPosted: February 24, 2019, 12:59 pm 
The voice of reason

FWIW, I think that Lowes has bought and will now sell Craftsman.

PostPosted: February 24, 2019, 4:24 pm 

Yes, Lowes sells Craftsman, but I believe other stores do as well. ACE Hardware is one that I know of. Craftsman is now owned by Stanley/Black&Decker!

PostPosted: February 24, 2019, 6:08 pm 

ngpmike wrote:
Yes, Lowes sells Craftsman, but I believe other stores do as well. ACE Hardware is one that I know of. Craftsman is now owned by Stanley/Black&Decker!

I had a broken #2 Phillips that needed replacing right as Sears filed for bankruptcy. I was instructed to do the web page thing to get a replacement. I got back a mile-long #2 Craftsman instead of what I had.

It was obvious that Stanley / Lowes hadn't worked on just how exactly they were gonna do the lifetime warranty thing on stuff we bought from Sears. And w/o the warranty, the Craftsman stuff isn't all that valuable to me, if for no other reason than I suspect that the quality won't be there.

Here is the chart on who builds what:
Attachment:
Tool-Brand-Behemoths-Tool-Companies-Who-Owns-What-Brands.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Louisville, KY
Hayes front, S10 +2 rear, Lalo body.

PostPosted: February 25, 2019, 9:43 am 

I took my 5-10 yr old HF pancake compressor ($40 on sale) out of storage yesterday for a quick job. I was amazed that it was still holding 80PSI of air from the last time I used it, maybe a year ago or so.

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: February 25, 2019, 11:52 am 

IMHO Craftsman for the past several years hasn't been good quality. I have a 3/8 ratchet that I bought in high school (roughly 1979 or 1980) that is indestructible.
I have a set of CRAPMAN tools my wife gave me 10 ish years ago and all 3 ratchets have failed. I took the 3/8 back to a Sears store when it died the first time after maybe 6 months and they replaced it.

About a year later, when the 1/2 inch failed I took it to the Sears store, they looked at it and asked if it was part of set XYZ. I said yes and they said, "Oh, those don't have lifetime warranty." Funny, it says right here on the set that they do. "Yeah, well we don't cover those sets anymore, too many problems."

I haven't spent a penny on CRAPMAN since.

If I want cheap crap that breaks I'll buy the HF for 1/4 the price and not lose a minute of sleep.

OOPS I did it again
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=17496

Blood Sweat and Beers
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=15216

PostPosted: February 26, 2019, 4:09 am 

I find it funny that my fav brand of power tools is now built/owned by a company primarily invested in machines that need to suck extensively in order to function as intended. :mrgreen:

Sawzall forever!

Anyone remember when Black & Decker made kitchen appliances? I remember...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next