LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 3:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: The GWTFFM
PostPosted: January 11, 2022, 6:20 am 

Hah hah hah.

Well, 2021 was year of the jet boat, even less work on this thing.
It was overall a "skip day" as far as anything is concerned.

Had almost zero progress except for buying the toe clamps to fixture down the plates.

I did however start in on reverse engineering the 06 RX-8 PCM, in the hopes of adding in some features needed to run the hybrid engine setup I've got started, and that ended up just ballooning into a tentacled monster from beyond reality.

I've since gone down the rabbit hole of trying to delete the immobilizer for standalone use (not that it needs to be removed, I can already program keys and reset modules), add in boost control from the Subaru PCM of the same era (shared Denso reference design, woohoo), add in active exhaust control that mimics the Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4, and divorce the platform from proprietary reflash/tuning solutions without upsetting the apple cart.

That's all been facilitated by a bench setup comprising of a near complete harness from an 06 RX-8 with Advanced Keyless Entry, along with modules and other bits scarfed together from the wreckers and online auctions.

It's been a fun change of pace while waiting for the weather to warm up enough to machine things comfortably.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12