LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently May 15, 2024, 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 30, 2015, 9:12 pm 

So the At-om was cool, but the nomad looks awesome and stirs up that go kart fun kid feeling. I've built two seven cars (one book chassis/one 422), quite a few baja beetles, and even a sand rail (weld together /paint by numbers) that we call a woods buggy. I owned a first gen MR2 and did the 22R-TE swap, but sold it for something "more family friendly" (4 door jeep JK!). Perhaps the nomad is all that fun wrapped up into one package. I toyed with the idea of a Fiero quite a few times so I'm thinking Getrag with 2.5 ecotec, I'm not keen on anything Honda related so maybe even Toyota 22R variant combo if staying the 4 banger route? Anyway, I'm just looking for some inspirational design help from those that have done something similar before I go out and buy a tube bender and make something scary. And I've never bent a single tube, at least not on purpose! Suggestions are welcome.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: January 30, 2016, 4:24 am 

use an SR20DET and base it off of a trophy truck type setup, engine up front and the back wheels moving you forward, and mount the radiators in the "bed"

PostPosted: January 30, 2016, 9:17 am 

Not a clone, but why not look at some of the Rorty designs for inspiration? The plans aren't all that expensive as I recall. http://rorty.net/

PostPosted: January 30, 2016, 12:46 pm 

Just as an aside, that design looks to me like it's made more for mud than rock. The rocker panels and bottom of the drivers compartment appear to be protected by nothing more than a bit of fiberglass. I'm no rock-basher, but it seems that when bouncing along a Sierra or rocky mountain trail, you're gonna want to have some butt and hip protection.

PostPosted: February 1, 2016, 9:34 am 

Lower it and put some street tires on it, and it would be a nifty looking car. Better than the At-om, anyway.