LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently December 2, 2021, 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: September 28, 2021, 7:55 pm 

Thanks guys, I'll keep an eye out for some old school T8 fixtures :)

So far I've managed to (somewhat) seal up the back wall of the garage and fit a door.

Had to bust out the chisels because the doorframe I bought only just fit in the gap between the brick walls.

I decided to reuse the lattice frame on the right to save time, there's some pretty heavy rain expected over the next few days so I didn't want to remove it all and frame it up. Something I'll probably look at at a later date. For now I just nailed some FC sheeting to the lattice frame, threw on a lick of paint, installed the door handle and bob's your uncle.

Still some fairly major gaps to close up but at least the majority of the wall is enclosed now.

It even opens!

This afternoon I'll be moving the lathe and a few other bits and pieces into position to get a better idea of how I want the lights set out. I think I have a plan which will allow a car in the middle of the garage while still having enough space to work around it.

PostPosted: October 19, 2021, 3:40 pm 

Well I've made some progress with the garage, I have most things that will live in there positioned in place. I still have to make a stand for the mill, CNC and power hacksaw, but yesterday I did manage to get some lights installed.

I also towed the Jeep Rod the ~150k's to my new place.

It has some surface rust from being stored near the ocean, but more worryingly it looks like my Dad didn't get a tarp on it before it got some rain on it. The spark plug wells are full of water so I'll have to check down the plug holes with a borescope to see what's going on. Fingers crossed the internals look alright!

I'll be booking an electrician shortly to come wire up the lights, add some 15a 240v single phase outlets and a couple of 415v 3-phase 32A ones. Finally the garage will be ready to start building stuff again!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6