LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: November 11, 2008, 9:20 am 

We're getting there, now we're only about a week behind. My goal is one day shipping (as in "ship orders in one day," not "one day we'll ship your order") of standard off-the-pricelist parts, so we're putting our Escape from Berkeley win money into inventory, which will help a bunch.

And speaking of inventory, those books we had back ordered since August...
JackMcCornack wrote:
PS--the back-ordered Gibbs "Build Your Own Sports Car" books are in the US now and are shipping to us Monday the 27th, so those should be going out of here by the weekend.
...left the the importer (Motorbooks) on schedule, but after that we don't know what happened. The Motorbooks shipping manager says we should be able to find out once the box arrives either here or there, but we didn't move and she didn't ask for it back and as of last appearence in the FedEx system, it had gone from St. Paul to Portland to Medford to Portland to St. Paul to Billings, Montana, and the estimated deliver is now 16 days and counting. But the day after they get here. we'll ship.

For you Where's Waldo fans, the books' progress can be followed on http://fedex.com/Tracking Just paste in the following tracking number, pulled right off their site. Yep, Billings, Montana. They must know a short cut.
-------------------------
Tracking number
Ship date
Oct 27, 2008
Estimated delivery
Nov 12, 2008

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 29, 2008, 3:07 am 

Woohoo! Or is that woot? Anyway, we're back on track, everything ordered to date has been shipped except A) an unusual custom windshield kit that still needs some work and B) some items I'm hand-delivering up north. Tonight I even got the last of the invoices out.

Or so I think. If I've not sent you an invoice telling you your order has shipped, please let me know...either a friendly private nudge to jack@kineticvehicles.com or a public flaying right here on this thread, depending on which is more appropriate.

I think we're set for next-day shipping for stock parts, and we've increased our inventory quite a bit since Escape from Berkeley, and now I can get back to the fun stuff (developing new products) and the B-list tasks (such as updating our web site).

PostPosted: March 21, 2009, 2:43 am 

it looks like my dzus fasteners arrived with Ival's rod ends (i just peaked in the box while getting some ice cream). Looks good from here!

"the all-consuming time-sucking car, which I really enjoy working on" -KB

PostPosted: March 21, 2009, 11:23 pm 

Oh good, glad they made it.

How I yearn for the simple days of merely too much work for one guy. This is going to turn into the Jack's Excuse forum if things don't...ah, you gotta read it to believe it. I should send this to anybody that has sent me an email in the last month. This trumps any my-dog-ate-my-homework story you've ever seen or heard from any Locost supplier, ever.

It's unusual enough to deserve its own thread, so look for <March Madness at Kinetic> in the Supplier forum.

PostPosted: October 28, 2009, 6:51 pm 

your in Cave Junction right Jack?

PostPosted: October 29, 2009, 12:52 am 

Not right this minute...I should be back in CJ tomorrow afternoon.

PostPosted: December 6, 2009, 10:21 pm 

Hi Jack
Are you still selling parts?

PostPosted: December 7, 2009, 6:30 am 

Yep. Why do you ask? I haven't got to the weekend's email yet, but the night is still young.

PostPosted: December 7, 2009, 11:47 am 

It would be great to find some Clam Shell fronts and also some spindle mount front fender sizes. Neither one on your web site. Catfish nose worked GREAT ........Thanks

PostPosted: February 28, 2010, 4:17 am 

Man, I should have put this up a month ago. It's the message on my sig line at Kinetic of late:

Thank you for your e-mail. I've been hard to get ahold of lately because
Sharon Westcott, my dear friend and colleague and adventuring companion these
last dozen years (my navigator/mechanic/accomplice on Escape from Berkeley,
for example) is in big medical trouble and I'm being her secretary, driver,
attendant, and make-a-wish foundation all wrapped into one. At time of
diagnosis she was given months not years, her condition quickly deteriorated
to weeks not months, and everything else is on my back burner right now.
On the bright side, everything Kinetic provides (e.g. body parts and brackets
and control arm kits) is made by somebody else, all we do here is R&D and
shipping. Our fiberglassers and machinists are pounding out the parts same as
always but I'm the guy who gets them labeled and loaded on the UPS truck, so
right now, I'm the bottleneck. However, things are lightening up for me; I
think she's done with traveling now, and she's sleeping about 20 hours a day,
and some other friends are coming out to spell me, and (might as well say it)
it doesn't look like she'll be needing my attention much longer. R&D is
temporarily halted, but I should soon be back on track with shipping your
orders (and please don't prepay; I'll send you an invoice after your parts
have shipped).

Not as much fun as "my dog ate my homework," eh? For those who know Sharon, send your good wishes via KineticVehicles.com web site and I'll pass them along to her.

I think I'm going to remove this post once it has outlived its usefulness. I think it's best if this topic doesn't get clogged with condolences, I've no doubt you're all sympathetic.

I'd like to say how much I appreciate everybody's bearing with me through this, everybody with an order has been kind and understanding and has let me stay focused on Sharon despite the shipping delays. And btw I drove north and picked up four TTL noses and 6 rear fenders today (some friends filled in for eight hours 11AM to 7PM) so if you're on the list for some of those it shouldn't take me long to get them out to you.

PostPosted: February 28, 2010, 12:30 pm 

Sorry to here about your friend. Yes I still need fenders but it can wait untill things settle down........Thanks Jim ( Midlana Beta Builder )

PostPosted: April 16, 2010, 10:18 pm 

Does anyone have an update of how things are going with Jack at KV? I emailed him a few weeks back and got an automated reply back.

Mark Bates

PostPosted: April 16, 2010, 10:26 pm 

Something is up with Jack. I had very good service with him the first time. Now he is hard to get in touch with.

Please if you do find him ask him where to buy Clam shell type front fenders...Jim

PostPosted: April 16, 2010, 11:28 pm 
Lumbering Giant

Jack's fenders come from Curtis Industries; here's a thread about them:

http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3415

PostPosted: April 18, 2010, 2:23 pm 

Langan wrote:
Something is up with Jack. I had very good service with him the first time. Now he is hard to get in touch with.

Please if you do find him ask him where to buy Clam shell type front fenders...Jim

Hi Jim, I have both size clamshells in stock, a standard set here at Kinetic and a extra wide set at Curtis Unltd. I often order parts in advance of need since it's hard to predict Curtis's schedule in advance, and then leave them at the Curtis shop in case somebody needs a quick set from them--this particular set has been shipped to Curtis customers (with my permission) and replaced later two or three times already.

Sharon passed away very early Friday morning (the 16th), calmly and peacefully and with her hand in mine. We'll have a get together today (quite informal, as per her wishes--the dress code is "no tank tops") and then I can focus on customer service again.

Re "Something is up with Jack," the explanation has been the first item on the first page on the KV web site for some time now, plus in an autoreply so's anybody who e-mails me knows what's going on.

As far as being hard to get in touch with, the autoreply to every e-mail explained it well enough--it's been taking me a while to respond to e-mail. As far as me not hanging by the phone, I have voicemail. I get plenty of calls when I'm out that are lacking call back info, those who don't want to leave a message have been SO of L.

It's been a tough four months and Kinetic got bumped off my front burner. In my defense, I've been clear about the problem and I haven't billed anybody for anything before I shipped their orders, so it's not like the usual Locost supplier bail-with-your-bucks scam. It's just a two person business winding down to a one person business, and you've got to accept that some teething pains go along with a change of this nature.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next