|Trackday Exterior Mods
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||locofinn [ August 23, 2023, 12:04 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Trackday Exterior Mods|
I'm more or less complete with the first attempt at aero and various other exterior mods for my TT car. Took the car to Mid-Ohio and it was very stable at speeds up to 120 mph where I was limited due to some tuning issues. Mods include:
1. A 60" single element rear wing with my own mounting plates uprights and end plates. Added a wickerbill (Gurneyflap) as well.
2. A 54" dual element front wing. Cheapo eBay special rear wing. I just used the wing elements and made my own end plates to correct the AOA and proper position of the second airfoil then fabricated my own mounting brackets. (If you want to know more about wings, I suggest you read Competition Car Aerodynamics by Simon McBeath. Very informative!)
3. Caterham CSR front cycle fenders. I added flexible mud flaps to keep from getting pelted by stones and limit spray when running wet.
4. More mirrors.
5. 3/8" Lexan mini wind screen to deflect stuff from hitting my helmet face shield.
6. I narrowed the rear fenders a bit.
|Author:||KB58 [ August 23, 2023, 3:01 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Re: Trackday Exterior Mods|
At least you have the sense to place the wing up in clean air. I see so many "sports cars" where the rear wing is placed such that its total contribution to down force is simply what it weighs...
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group