LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently May 5, 2024, 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: September 2, 2011, 9:40 pm 

I think I'll have some time tomorrow morning to throw that into Inkscape and get a vector rendering of it. Then we can have it at any resolution necessary.

PostPosted: September 3, 2011, 7:25 am 
We are Slotus!

Yo, Chuck-
Attachment:
TS Logo.jpg

Whadda ya mean you don't like black, Slotus-Racing-Green and purple together?!?!?!? Geeeeze, some people are just sooooooo uptight and conservative!!! Guess you're off the "Free T-shirt List", iffen I ever make any, that is... :rofl:

Also an example of some of TWWTFM's graphics work. She threw this together in an hour or so, for a T Shirt we made for James' birthday. Not bad...
JDK

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: September 3, 2011, 8:10 am 
-the man.

I may not understand where we're going with this. I've never been much of a bumper sticker guy. Might be OK on my truck, but not on my 7. The round badge on the first page looks more like what I envision as going on a Seven. Looks more sportscarish..... But maybe I'm missing the point.

Ark, professionals built the Titanic.

PostPosted: September 3, 2011, 10:04 am 

It's not my idea, it came from andrewt, I just had time at the computer and played with it using the ideas of many here.

I would definitely agree with the clear backer, or just a transfer type graphic.
Could do more than one image color for different "background" colors (rollbar, rear panel, other vehicle, etc.).

As far as type of sticker:
I like the larger format sticker for visibility, and having the car profile on it makes it something you could put on another car to get people to have an idea of what it might be about (not some home shopping for cheap or something).

I also like a smaller more traditional "badge" to put on an actual Locost, so someone looking at it can identify with it and then find the forum.

So I'd just as likely get both . . .

PostPosted: September 3, 2011, 10:23 am 
-the man.

I'm wanting something tasteful and not too in your face.....I might want to use it as a tattoo :ack:

Ark, professionals built the Titanic.

PostPosted: September 3, 2011, 11:02 am 

duratec7 wrote:
It's not my idea, it came from andrewt, I just had time at the computer and played with it using the ideas of many here.

I would definitely agree with the clear backer, or just a transfer type graphic.
Could do more than one image color for different "background" colors (rollbar, rear panel, other vehicle, etc.).

As far as type of sticker:
I like the larger format sticker for visibility, and having the car profile on it makes it something you could put on another car to get people to have an idea of what it might be about (not some home shopping for cheap or something).

I also like a smaller more traditional "badge" to put on an actual Locost, so someone looking at it can identify with it and then find the forum.

So I'd just as likely get both . . .
RIGHT ON all of the above! I wouldn't put a bumper sticker on any of my cars. But a roll bar transfer and small badge on the 7 is fine.

PostPosted: September 3, 2011, 11:03 am 
We are Slotus!

RacerDan wrote:
I'm wanting something tasteful and not too in your face.....I might want to use it as a tattoo :ack:

I want something tacky and totally in your face.... For the same reason!

Actually, Dan, I understand your point. I'm thinking a small badge for on the car and the bumper sticker for the F-150, the car-trailer, and perhaps on the mirror at the local Irish pub...

:cheers:

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: September 3, 2011, 3:15 pm 

'Sup y'all.

Here's the left-facing car logo done in vector (Inkscape, because Illustrator wouldn't be in the locost spirit!)

Font suggestions? (this is Hamburg Bold Italic, but I'm not married to it) Do you like the second "O" being round? It looked odd italicized. If you've got a vector graphics program, or download Inkscape for free, feel free to mess with the .svg in the zip file. Or just let me know what needs to be fixed and I'll mash it out.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: September 3, 2011, 4:13 pm 

Im liking that very much stands out..only trouble i see with black.. is if you have a transparent background..and i think most roll bars are black..well you get the idea :wink: mind you if you wanted an invisible sticker it would be perfect :)
:cheers: Kiwi Dave

PostPosted: September 3, 2011, 4:20 pm 

mattrogers wrote:
'Sup y'all.

Here's the left-facing car logo done in vector (Inkscape, because Illustrator wouldn't be in the locost spirit!)

Font suggestions? (this is Hamburg Bold Italic, but I'm not married to it)

It passes my ~20 foot test great! Up close it looks almost too bold but at 20 feet it is excellent.

Do you like the second "O" being round?

YES!

It looked odd italicized. If you've got a vector graphics program, or download Inkscape for free, feel free to mess with the .svg in the zip file. Or just let me know what needs to be fixed and I'll mash it out.
Perfecto-mongo (a new word just for this occasion). Mongo is a word if you are in Mongolia.

-Except- :D
Gray tires
Slightly thinner fenders (so they don't get too much attention near the text)
Thin steering wheel & column (I don't think even Dave would drive this car as it is. On second thought he might!) :shock:
----------------
Guys, I'm sorry if I'm hogging the thread with all the detail posts but I've done a good bit of layout design on front panels for radios & electrical equipment etc so the devil is making me do it.

PostPosted: September 3, 2011, 4:36 pm 

mattrogers wrote:
Or just let me know what needs to be fixed and I'll mash it out.

I would like to see the 'o' in 'cost' done in the same font as "cst.c" but the 2 'o's in the wheels left round.

Looks great.

PostPosted: September 3, 2011, 6:36 pm 

I like the car facing the other direction. It just seems that the car should face the direction you are reading. I think black is great (mainly because lime green won't look too great on my orange car :shock: ). I like it better with the lighter tires and no fenders, I also think if we add a steering wheel it starts to look too much like the locostbuilders logo.

This is a logo that may be used on other things, shirts, hats, etc not just bumper stickers so maybe we don't force it to fit that format.

PostPosted: September 4, 2011, 2:47 am 

Tim Taylor wrote:
I like the car facing the other direction. It just seems that the car should face the direction you are reading. I think black is great (mainly because lime green won't look too great on my orange car :shock: ). I like it better with the lighter tires and no fenders, I also think if we add a steering wheel it starts to look too much like the locostbuilders logo.

This is a logo that may be used on other things, shirts, hats, etc not just bumper stickers so maybe we don't force it to fit that format.

I can screen print any color you wish on clear stock, flat black, ktm orange, kaw green even opaque white. The locostbuilders logo is really cool, but i see your point.

PostPosted: September 4, 2011, 8:06 am 
We are Slotus!

Quote:
Perfecto-mongo (a new word just for this occasion). Mongo is a word if you are in Mongolia.

Attachment:
mongo1.jpg

"Mongo like black and green bumper sticker!"

PostPosted: September 4, 2011, 12:40 pm 

53sled wrote:
Tim Taylor wrote:

I can screen print any color you wish on clear stock, flat black, ktm orange, kaw green even opaque white. The locostbuilders logo is really cool, but i see your point.

This iteration is classy! It is refined and to the point..... I vote for this one in a transparency to leave the background to the color of the car. For the darker cars, offer it in a reverse White print instead of black. Also, I agree with Tim,,,, needs to be facing in the other direction. Major cool effort here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next