LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently May 12, 2024, 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WAGON ATTACK II
PostPosted: December 10, 2009, 1:54 pm 

Check out this vid my brothers buddies made about a crappy civic wagon and a man who likes deals.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7ZzqBPz4sY

Has some of the locost essence to it.

Post subject: Re: WAGON ATTACK II
PostPosted: December 10, 2009, 2:35 pm 

That is a great video!

I love those EF Civic wagons. I'd trade my 2004 Sentra SER for that one at the end of the video that the Evo owner buys.

The late EF 4WD wagons are the perfect car. AWD, six speed trans (although I assume it's just a granny first gear in lieu of a two speed transfer case), Honda's double wishbone suspension, plenty of cargo room, great gas mileage. What's not to love?

I know a guy with an Evo9 that can't even carry his autocross tires in his car without getting the back seat dirty. Lame.

I saw a really nice Civic wagon in the junkyard recently. No rust, not wrecked, perfect interior. Just thrown away because of a blown engine. Sad.

My GF drives a 2008 Fit, seems like the same car to me. And it's so nice having something sporty with all that room for hauling stuff around.

Post subject: Re: WAGON ATTACK II
PostPosted: December 10, 2009, 2:54 pm 

there was a goat Sh*t brown EF wagon that went around the audi dealer i was working at... whipped to death, rust free, and had a chance to grab it for $200 but i passed b/c i questioned it's pedigree. they were out jumping it over round bales in a hay field, and pushing the big round things around and showed me the cell phone videos but it didn't have a dent or scratch on it other than from opening beer bottles on the door edges. it'd change hands twice, or three times a year between people who needed something to drive. shoulda grabbed it....