LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 28, 2024, 3:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 12, 2011, 2:57 pm 

At registration, I was forced to enter an answer to a security question.

This is a forum, not a bank.

I joined this site to learn more about Locost, therefore I have no idea what its fifth wheel is. And google would not provide me with any of the answers. And when I finally got one right, it told me my attempts had been used up.

This was a lame-brained idea that almost lost me as a valuable member (and has likely lost others).

You should really change this before you lose more people.

PostPosted: March 13, 2011, 1:01 pm 
Always Moore!

Its there to minimize spammers and other general obnoxiousness....apparently still needs some tweaking.

PostPosted: March 13, 2011, 1:16 pm 

a.moore wrote:
Its there to minimize spammers and other general obnoxiousness....apparently still needs some tweaking.

Yes, I know what it is for. But I have never even seen one like this. Even Yahoo has the traditional scrambled words.

PostPosted: March 13, 2011, 1:26 pm 
The voice of reason

Quote:
other general obnoxiousness

I hope your first post, which refers to the people who volunteer their time to run this board as being "lame brained", is not indicative of your "valuable contribution". Discussion and disagreements even are welcomed. Insulting or saracstic behaviour, for eample, is not. It will not gain you the respect of our memebrs.

PostPosted: March 13, 2011, 2:04 pm 

Quote:
I hope your first post, which refers to the people who volunteer their time to run this board as being "lame brained", is not indicative of your "valuable contribution". Discussion and disagreements even are welcomed. Insulting or saracstic behaviour, for eample, is not. It will not gain you the respect of our memebrs.

Hey Marcus, does this thing have a "LIKE" button.

PostPosted: March 13, 2011, 2:14 pm 
Mid-Engined Maniac

fight4gipper1, are you an Admin anywhere? Because if you've ever set up a forum you know full well what it's for. Ever spend hours having to go through all your subforums and rip out posts for faux handbags, shoes, or penis enhancements? Well, as was said, we'll have to see how useful your other contributions to this forum are, besides this one.

PostPosted: March 13, 2011, 2:19 pm 

I wonder,

Given that you rather obviously figured out how to create a membership profile well enough to be able to make a first post (something I suspect a Bonobo could do with enough desire. ..) just what exactly are you saying?
Sounds more to me like an attempt to assert yourself as an alpha in a group you know little about, not a wise choice of behavior in my personal opinion considering that this is an established VOLUNTEER group.

PostPosted: March 13, 2011, 2:44 pm 

Quote:
(something I suspect a Bonobo could do with enough desire. ..)

Didn't I see him in concert once?

PostPosted: March 13, 2011, 2:45 pm 

Tyrod wrote:
Quote:

:rofl: :rofl:

PostPosted: March 13, 2011, 2:48 pm 

Tyrod wrote:
Quote:

Never mind! It was the Monkees.

PostPosted: March 13, 2011, 2:56 pm 

oldejack wrote:
not a wise choice of behavior in my personal opinion considering that this is an established VOLUNTEER group.

Especially considering said volunteer group is used to build a car that's made to go at very high speed and around corners very fast. You know, the exact kind of thing you'd want GOOD, THOUGHTFUL and INSIGHTFUL advice for. Hopefully there aren't to many spiteful people here...

PostPosted: March 13, 2011, 3:24 pm 

seems like a touchy subject.... jeesh

PostPosted: March 13, 2011, 3:35 pm 

Was the answer Lotus or 7?

PostPosted: March 13, 2011, 4:58 pm 

KB58 wrote:
fight4gipper1, are you an Admin anywhere? Because if you've ever set up a forum you know full well what it's for. Ever spend hours having to go through all your subforums and rip out posts for faux handbags, shoes, or penis enhancements? Well, as was said, we'll have to see how useful your other contributions to this forum are, besides this one.

I sincerely apologize to everyone for the harshness of my initial post.

I did not at all mean that my joining of this forum was a gift in any way. In fact I joined to get support for future projects. What I meant was that someone very experienced in this craft who may have been beneficial to the survival of this forum would be frustrated by answering a question wrong five times because he or she answered, "liquid, water, or dirt," instead of thinking of the true answer, "rain."

I have never been in these kind of forums. My past forums have been full of aggressive teenagers. And if you did not make a topic in the mode of attack that you would be trampled.
Though the response I got from my comments have been completely alien.

My deepest and most sincere of apologies

PostPosted: March 13, 2011, 7:11 pm 

fight4gipper1 wrote:
KB58 wrote:

I sincerely apologize to everyone for the harshness of my initial post.

I did not at all mean that my joining of this forum was a gift in any way. In fact I joined to get support for future projects. What I meant was that someone very experienced in this craft who may have been beneficial to the survival of this forum would be frustrated by answering a question wrong five times because he or she answered, "liquid, water, or dirt," instead of thinking of the true answer, "rain."

I have never been in these kind of forums. My past forums have been full of aggressive teenagers. And if you did not make a topic in the mode of attack that you would be trampled.
Though the response I got from my comments have been completely alien.

My deepest and most sincere of apologies

Welcome. Sometimes we act like teenagers, at least I do. Sometimes what we write comes off sounding different from what we actually meant to say. :cheers: