LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently December 2, 2022, 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
PostPosted: September 23, 2022, 7:19 pm 

Ron, wow, thanks much for the scuttle details!

One more question - what nose are you using? I skimmed the thread again, sorry if I missed it. I'm a big guy too, 6'1" and 260, and was just starting to doodle in autocad when I came across your frame file - I might shamelessly use it as a starting point for my build.

Mike

Many others . . .

PostPosted: September 26, 2022, 10:29 am 

I started with Kinetics standard TTL nose and modified it a bit… https://www.kineticvehicles.com/noses.html

I slit it on both sides in a way that I could spread the rear 2" with minimal distortion at the front. This matched my top rails width and angle.

I also made a more elective change - I was never a big fan of how a long nose cone looks, not even on Caterham's (it also means more remains covered when the hood is removed) so I lopped off a bit of the rear (roughly 2 inches) and then rebuilt the hood rest by slightly building up the fiberglass in front of where the hood sits (about an 1/8"). Aside from that it's all original :)

Attachment:
NoseSlitting.jpg

Attachment:
Cut Line.jpg

Attachment:
Nose Shortened.jpg

Attachment:
Finished Nose.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: September 28, 2022, 12:48 pm 

Mikus wrote:
...was just starting to doodle in autocad when I came across your frame file - I might shamelessly use it as a starting point for my build.

Hopefully it's helpful to you. If you use it verify the roll bar height works for you. My hoop is tall enough for 'normal' folks, but it's a bit short for me and a helmet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14