LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 12:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: marafonets design
PostPosted: February 19, 2020, 12:05 am 

Those are serious looking brakes! Check the math to be sure your master cylinder is the right size for the new calipers. Good luck this season.

My build: http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=16005

PostPosted: February 19, 2020, 11:29 pm 

Mnot wrote:
Those are serious looking brakes! Check the math to be sure your master cylinder is the right size for the new calipers. Good luck this season.

Of course. I started with math. I will not say that it is ideal, but I decided to add a coefficient of friction due to the pads.

"And even if they say " Yes, let them talk!
But no one - no one dies in vain,
This is better than vodka and from colds.
Others will come, replacing comfort
At the risk and inordinate work,-
Will you not passed route." V.S. Vysotsky

PostPosted: February 19, 2020, 11:43 pm 

Today I wanted to talk about the new exhaust manifold. The fact is that the first one was simply redone from the store; I did not like that it had short primary pipes of unequal length. By the configuration of the motor, it simply did not suit me. So I decided to redo it. For a long time I worked on this issue from the moment of conception to execution more than a year passed. Started by calculating the desired pipe length. Then the question arose of what to do? I did not want to do like all of the water outlets. There was a stainless steel version for the stair railing, but also refused. And on the Internet, I found a company that sells various components for exhaust systems. And the price is not expensive (made in China). I ordered them 6 bends for 180 degrees and so on the little things. When they arrived, I measured them and began to design a collector in 3D. It was designed option 3 and then chose one and redid it again 5. Then he decided that everything could not be taken into account, and if that I would adjust in place. But surprisingly, everything was assembled according to the latest version. To begin with, I printed the drawings of the pipe connection in one plane, cut them and applied them to the drawings. Then he took away the TIG welding. Yes, of course, they led a little. Then I just cut the ends in place and everything fell.
The final welding was already in place, I had to invite the TIG welder to my garage. In my opinion, it turned out not even badly. Now it remains to wrap with a thermal tape, cut the sidewall and assemble everything back.

Last edited by marafonets on February 20, 2020, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: February 20, 2020, 11:03 am 

Nice job on a very complicated project. What program did you use for the 3D layout?

Cheers,

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: February 20, 2020, 11:59 am 

marafonets wrote:

I just wanted to note that's one of the nicest steering arm conversions I've ever seen. Simple, cheap, strong, and adjustable! Good brakes, too...

PostPosted: February 20, 2020, 8:48 pm 

Lonnie-S wrote:
Nice job on a very complicated project. What program did you use for the 3D layout?

Cheers,

Thanks a lot. The program I use Unigraphics NX

TRX wrote:
I just wanted to note that's one of the nicest steering arm conversions I've ever seen. Simple, cheap, strong, and adjustable! Good brakes, too...

Thank you very much I am very pleased

PostPosted: April 23, 2020, 8:36 pm 

Hello everyone. Here I suggest you familiarize yourself with the construction of my new motor. And so I will make a small digression. I had a small budget and a goal: to increase the power of the motor. I considered three options.
1. Swap motor VAZ2112 (16 valves 2 camshafts).
2. Installing a turbine.
3. Assemble a new unit with a large volume.
And so I settled on option 3. To do this, I bought a donor motor 21213, connecting rods from Mitsubishi 4g63 (they are longer and lighter than the original ones), custom pistons, glyco bearings and mahle piston rings. The cylinder block was squandered under new pistons, the crankshaft was balanced. Slightly gash the combustion chamber, because the calculated compression ratio was high (now 12 s). I also printed new long pipes and painted the cylinder head cover. I also noticed that the new exhaust manifold heats everything around even in a thermal tape, and insulated the frame.
The first launch took place last weekend. Now the task is to switch to new software for further configuration and rolling back firmware.

PostPosted: April 24, 2020, 2:19 pm 

> custom pistons

Those look very nice, with all the latest design ideas. Who made them?

PostPosted: April 25, 2020, 5:10 am 

TRX wrote:
> custom pistons

Those look very nice, with all the latest design ideas. Who made them?

These pistons are made in Russia))

http://starcevmotorsport.ru/product-category/piston/

PostPosted: April 29, 2020, 11:12 am 

The new engine looks fantastic. Good work.

PostPosted: August 6, 2020, 11:15 am 

Hello. I want to tell you about my trip to Krasnoyarsk. I don’t know how to say in general, the car was asking for a track. I wanted to go a year ago, but it didn't work out. Therefore, I decided not to delay any more and go. In order for it to take place basically 3 conditions were needed. The first is that they would give me a vacation, the second is that my friend also has free time, the third is that the weather does not disappoint.
The plan for a trip is such we send the car by car)) follow it by car. On the spot we go to the legendary "Forward Auto" there tuning a new engine on a dyno, weight distribution, camber. Further, according to the plan, ride on the no less legendary "Red Ring"! At the end, a cultural program around the city))

Loading in Irkutsk

Unloading in Krasnoyarsk

We started 2 days later. Collected every tool, suitcases and forward)) Tedious 1070 km on our own and we are in Krasnoyarsk.

PostPosted: August 6, 2020, 11:42 am 

And so the next day after arrival, my friend and I went to the forward. There they drove the car to the stand and just rolled it for 1.5 hours in all modes. When switching it shoots with fire = O. https://www.instagram.com/p/CDBcypypI8H ... e=ig_embed

The remaining half an hour took measurements. I managed to remove 122hp. in total ((. But! many conclusions were made, namely, this is a big problem with heating the intake manifold. The air at the intake reached 70 degrees Celsius because of this, the mixture was depleted. Neither the thermal tape, nor the screen, nor the airflow helped. it was decided to tune it on the track because there will be better airflow.

In general, this is what happened after recalculations and adjustments managed to catch up with power up to 135 hp. about.
Then the car went to the weight distribution in the legendary garage of Gochi! There it became clear that the machine gained a little weight ((well, okay. This weight is with me. We set up a 50/50 cross with me in the car.

Then we went to change the oil after tuning and drove to the camber. Everything suited me there)))
I still walked around the store of sports parts, licked my lips and only))) came for the wrong reason.
That's all called a tow truck and to the red ring!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC6JLrJp1DD ... e=ig_embed

PostPosted: August 6, 2020, 11:28 pm 

Nice job on the weight distribution and cross weights. I guess it will be changed somewhat when you're in the car, but still, that looks very good.

Cheers,

PostPosted: August 6, 2020, 11:48 pm 

Lonnie-S wrote:
Nice job on the weight distribution and cross weights. I guess it will be changed somewhat when you're in the car, but still, that looks very good.

Cheers,

Hi Lonnie. This is weight mixed with me inside the car. She weighs 588kg without me.

PostPosted: August 7, 2020, 12:04 am 

Now I'll tell you about what I came for. I arrived in the evening from Gocha's garage. I managed to ride a couple of times. technical problems immediately began, the generator charge was gone, the oil was constantly peeling and showing low pressure. The next day, everything had to be repaired and again into battle. I started to ride a big circle, every session was recorded on the phone for the flight. then came and we looked with a friend where I make mistakes and how best to go. Time began to improve. But because of my fear of driving at full throttle in a kamikaze, time did not want to give up. Therefore, it was decided to ride a small circle. After the first passes, Marshal Konstantin got tired of looking at my attempts and offered help. We drove with him and he showed me how to go, for which many thanks to him! Time began to hide with every circle and my joy knew no bounds. So another day ended.
Another breakdown was due to the fact that the printed pipes cracked. I had to look for something else on the spot and I bought stock (photo below).
At the ring, I met interesting guys who also offered me various help. Especially thanks to Alexei, he asked Roma to drive with me on a bold chord so that the spirit of rivalry would appear, this really spurs me on. By the way, the times with Roman are almost the same, the difference is in hundredths! I drove from the heart. Each time I began to understand the car better. It was also interesting to compare the times with those of Arkady Tsaregradtsev. In general, there is room for me to grow. It is believed that the car can do more! The problem is me, I need to learn to improve the skill.
By the way, the brakes are super.
Another interesting point on the ring is a freebie! from Friday to Sunday from 16 to 21. But unfortunately time flies because people are skating, everyone is different in different techniques and disciplines.
The last day of my trip was on Saturday, the ring only worked for the dredge. But I wanted to know for myself how much the car is driving in the quarter. For last year I did not drive very well, but here in a calm environment and as many attempts as you want (freebie!) My 15.0 with a penny is better.
Then there was a cultural program - a trip to the observation deck Tsar-fish and the dam of the hydroelectric power station. The Yenisei is very beautiful and nature too!
Thank you all for your attention.

https://youtu.be/gYNv8-07PUI

https://youtu.be/DhgwZdDHJ6o

https://youtu.be/AFlSd9fZCxI

https://youtu.be/V55HdudhHDc

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next