LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: marafonets design
PostPosted: March 23, 2019, 12:29 am 

Good day all day. I have not written for a long time, since I did not do anything special. But I am glad for the members of the forum, people are moving not in place. I myself have big changes in life, I don’t know how I can continue .... I’ll describe a little what I was able to do and tell about the plans))) But as they say, "Do you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans."
So. Firstly, I printed out the new rear wings, because old curves like a Turkish saber))) And so I decided to work with all the plastic parts (nose fairing and wings). I leveled them with putty and covered with primer.

Secondly, I refused a large windshield and bought a small fairing. Which I also installed.

Thirdly, to increase the power of the engine, I made new megaphones with a grille instead of filters made of foam rubber.

Fourthly, a new exhaust manifold designed, even bought all the pipes, but we still have cold and snow. so I'm waiting for the heat.

In the fifth, I really want to make a car hood. There is a plan but ... I do not know when to do this.

"And even if they say " Yes, let them talk!
But no one - no one dies in vain,
This is better than vodka and from colds.
Others will come, replacing comfort
At the risk and inordinate work,-
Will you not passed route." V.S. Vysotsky

PostPosted: March 23, 2019, 11:14 am 
Automotive Encyclopedia

Looks good. I looked up the average temp for the "Paris of Siberia". How about a small heater and tonneau? Plenty of room for a heater core in front of the cowl. Make a sliding door to block the air flow when needed, fit forward of core, controlled by choke cable. The core just needs mounting flanges.

For the wrinkles in the corner skin, black marker along top, burn off with hand torch, hammer.

You could make a new cowl high enough for a flat bonnet/hood and raise the nose as needed.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LxWxHt
360LA 442E: 134.5x46x15
Lotus7:115x39x7.25
Tiger Avon:114x40x13.3-12.6
Champion/Book:114x42x11
Gibbs/Haynes:122x42x14
VoDou:113x44x14
McSorley 442:122x46x14
Collins 241:127x46x12

PostPosted: March 23, 2019, 12:19 pm 

You're making continuous improvements, so you can take pride in that. Your new work looks good!

Cheers,

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: March 23, 2019, 5:23 pm 

Looking good!

I like your intake trumpet design, but the screens restrict air flow more than you might think. You might want to make some acceleration tests to compare the performance of the screens versus individual filters.

PostPosted: March 24, 2019, 10:48 pm 

Miatav8,MstrASE,A&P,F wrote:
Looks good. I looked up the average temp for the "Paris of Siberia". How about a small heater and tonneau? Plenty of room for a heater core in front of the cowl. Make a sliding door to block the air flow when needed, fit forward of core, controlled by choke cable. The core just needs mounting flanges.

For the wrinkles in the corner skin, black marker along top, burn off with hand torch, hammer.

You could make a new cowl high enough for a flat bonnet/hood and raise the nose as needed.

Thank you for the offer, but it is too ambitious call. I think KAMAZ will do well with such a mileage :lol:

Lonnie-S wrote:
You're making continuous improvements, so you can take pride in that. Your new work looks good!

Cheers,

Thanks Lonnie-S!

TRX wrote:
Looking good!

I like your intake trumpet design, but the screens restrict air flow more than you might think. You might want to make some acceleration tests to compare the performance of the screens versus individual filters.

I will definitely test and tell you what happened.

PostPosted: May 3, 2019, 10:41 am 

Hello friends. I want to share my "torment". In general, do the hood. I bought a sheet AMG3 1,5mm. Welded frame. And I went to a friend who collected the car before. There on the machine rolled the entire sheet as it should. At first, of course, I tried to bend on the pipe (like in the classics) this is complete crap, it bends only at the beginning and at the end, I don’t know how people bend like that. But I did it my way. I hope you will like it. The only thing I had to do was make a lot of holes for the drive of the throttle and the fuel rail. But this is a low-cost !!! All affordable money))))

PostPosted: June 9, 2019, 8:05 am 

Well, I finished the car, fitted the hood, installed the sidewalls, cut a hole under the throttle. Next will only be tuning and driving on the roads. Also participated in the local motor show))

PostPosted: June 9, 2019, 12:29 pm 

Looking very nice! :thmbsup:

Cheers,

PostPosted: September 4, 2019, 10:37 pm 

Hi, everybody. Long time no write. The summer has flown by, but I rode only two times and all ended in failure, but I will talk about them next time.
Today I will tell you how to put the oil cooling system. Started with the radiator it gave me a good one (radiator from a honda cbr). Install immediately on my car does not work due to the fact that the oil filter is very close to the steering shaft. And a simple spacer under it will not do. In General, after reviewing the plural number of online stores, I came across an adapter with a filter, as it has a thermostat. Ordered on Ali there much cheaper than in ordinary stores. When the parcel came and I started to try everything on the car and draw in 3D. It turned out that we need to make some new (non-standard) fittings. I drew the drawings and gave them to the Turner. The Assembly decided to carry on fashionable and beautiful fittings with American threads AN. Did everything for the first time turned out as it seems to me very not bad. Got warmed up everything works. The only negative was the drip from under the cork on the oil temperature sensor. I just wrapped it in FUM tape and the leak went away.

PostPosted: September 5, 2019, 8:06 am 

Looks good! Sorry the two drives ended in failure but, the success is that there were two drives at all :)

You might consider adding a shroud for the radiator. Looking at your last picture, it looks like the air can easily bypass the radiator on both sides and go into the engine bay. A simple shroud can make a big difference in cooling.

My build: http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=16005

PostPosted: September 9, 2019, 10:45 pm 

Cardboard and duct tape will do for a proof-of-concept test if you doubt Mnot's diagnosis, but I think you'll find he is correct.

PostPosted: October 5, 2019, 12:33 pm 

All good day. Today I'll tell you how and with what challenges I have faced in this season. The first problem is that the engine was heated at high speeds. At first I thought that incorrectly connected the cooling system, fixed, did not help. Put the oil cooler didn't help. And the problem was quite in another. Just blew the gasket because of this I spit out antifreeze and, accordingly, there was simply nothing to cool the motor. Took off his head, took her to the crimping and grinding of the plane. Put back together and it worked. The second problem was with the vibration on the body. As then it turned out I have from-for this burst bell grip! After talking with the men who make the shortcut is found out that the problem is poorly enshrined the flange on the box predac. To them I give a big respek for the advice, and the person under the name VISA. In General, a new bell was bought the 2nd in a row and replaced, as well as additionally balanced from the propeller shaft (just in case of fire). Collect all. And today on tests the car behaved perfectly, I received the real pleasure from driving. Rode aggressively, all overtook, especially I liked to take turns well, where a conventional car you go 80km/h, and it 120km / h.Can where and FIB on the speed do not judge strictly. And really impressions should be enough for the whole winter))

PostPosted: October 5, 2019, 3:41 pm 

Am I understanding correctly that this is the second bell housing that has cracked? Did they both crack in the same place? That would be unusual. Do you think something in the geometry of your engine and transmission mounts is causing too much stress on the bellhousing location shown in your photos?

Cheers,

PostPosted: October 5, 2019, 11:43 pm 

Lonnie-S wrote:
Am I understanding correctly that this is the second bell housing that has cracked? Did they both crack in the same place? That would be unusual. Do you think something in the geometry of your engine and transmission mounts is causing too much stress on the bellhousing location shown in your photos?

Cheers,

Hi Lonnie-S. You got that right. I broke 2 clutch bells. The cracks are exactly the same in the same places. The fact that the standard donor on the shank of the transmission with the rubber coupler. I refused it and installed just a flange. On the side of the nut in the flange made a cone and because of this cone I was not able to stretch this nut well. Nor somehow the key or the head I not was able podlezt. In General held out as was able and has stalled nut on with the help washers, but this not worked and nut otkrutilas and flange the beginning of to beat, that in thereafter led to breakage bells. Now I put a thick ring under the nut, the nut came out of the cone and I was able to stretch it properly. That was the problem.

PostPosted: February 18, 2020, 8:48 pm 

Hello. Riding last season and decided to improve the braking system, namely to install the front 4-piston calipers Prom 14 ". I bought used calipers and discs. The discs themselves were in poor condition rotors rotted (the seller made good photos). Oh well The rotor decided to grind from the existing disks. Dismantled everything and carried it to an excellent turner. Assembled everything on new hardware. Pads decided to buy EBC Green. Old hoses did not fit in length. So I decided to put the hoses to order from HEL. They are reinforced and high quality. in new season, check the behavior of the brake))

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next