LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently December 2, 2022, 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1054 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71
PostPosted: November 17, 2022, 12:53 pm 

I wonder if the Blue Kellison is my old shell?
I sold it to a Cobra/GT-40 replica manufacturer in AZ.
Not all that far from where you saw it.

PostPosted: November 17, 2022, 1:06 pm 

November 13, 2022

Pretty random for a build log :roll:

2 separate things here... First up, a few weeks ago I went to cars and coffee in Orcutt, CA (close to home), when the most unexpected of all vehicles came cruising by. I never did find out what brought this plane down, but whatever it was, all ended well as the pilot skillfully landed it on the big, major road that goes through this small town. The challenge then, of course, was getting him to a local airport.. No worries: the police just blocked the streets and intersections as needed, and towed him up to Santa Maria (fairly close).. Thankfully, all ended well.

Finally, I ran my first race in several years. Covid all but killed organized, in-person racing, but that's in the past (hopefully!!), and races are being held again. This event was the Paso Robles 1/2 Marathon and 10K.. I chose to do the 10k (6.2 miles) as I'm in no shape for a 1/2 right now. I did ok; didn't embarrass myself among the 50-59 year old men.. came in at 1:00:45, and although it's nowhere near the times I used to get, I'm also nowhere near as young as I was when I got those times..

To sum it up, my wife asked "How did you do?"... to that, I told her it was a beautiful morning, and I'm just glad I'm still in the game :cheers:

--ccrunner

*This build log is now back in real time (Nov 17, 2022)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

'63 Volvo 1800 w/ I4 build log (LNF Ecotec in a Svelte Swede)
http://locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=16309

'59 Berkeley SE492 build log (bike lump in a microcar)... "A Berkeley With Bite!"
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=19397

PostPosted: November 17, 2022, 1:13 pm 

Dean ,
Thank you for the continued updates! My cousin was at both events you went to in Monterey but no updates from him on his visit. Thanks for the pictures drool, drool...

Kudos to the Bonanza pilot who put that down safely :cheers: .

Glad to hear you are still in the game :). My wife just ran a 5k and she came in first for her age group, won’t mention which that was Incase she sees this ;).

Cheers,
Eric

PostPosted: November 18, 2022, 11:18 am 

RichardSIA wrote:
I wonder if the Blue Kellison is my old shell?
I sold it to a Cobra/GT-40 replica manufacturer in AZ.
Not all that far from where you saw it.

So that's what it is! Beautiful car. Thanks for filling in the gap Richard. Now I have to go do some research.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1054 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71