LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently May 17, 2024, 4:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 53  Next
PostPosted: September 5, 2021, 5:17 pm 

Chuck, that 8th shingle from the right 12th row up is crooked!!!! Other than that great job. Russ

PostPosted: September 5, 2021, 5:23 pm 
Automotive Encyclopedia

Nice job! I’d jack it to add a full 8 inch standard block to the height and lay 6mil plastic sheet to reduce condensation collecting on the bottom of the floor from ground moisture. Probably trench the side sloping toward the shed to prevent water from ever flowing underneath down the hill.

Hopefully one last roof job for me too, in a year or less. Already bought everything for the house a while back and just waiting. Everything was under a grand pre-covid. I’m currently sidelined to repair a 7 year old, poorly designed pine deck on a second floor with no flashing or board gaps and a hot tub. Used a few ¾ x10 pvc pipes as skates to move it around (drained of course). Worked great. Basement is still about half dug. Never a shortage of projects.

LxWxHt
360LA 442E: 134.5x46x15
Lotus7:115x39x7.25
Tiger Avon:114x40x13.3-12.6
Champion/Book:114x42x11
Gibbs/Haynes:122x42x14
VoDou:113x44x14
McSorley 442:122x46x14
Collins 241:127x46x12

PostPosted: September 5, 2021, 6:07 pm 

Russ,

You have been watching too many 'Monk' reruns.

Cheers

PostPosted: September 5, 2021, 8:07 pm 

rx7locost wrote:
Good news is that at 67+ years of age, I can still shingle a roof,
Good on you Chuck, building my cistern/pumphouse this spring I know exactly what you're talking about (and how you feel at night).
Votaren is my friend and the pillows will absorb tears of pain :lol:

'If man built it, man can fix it'
"No one ever told me I couldn't do it."
"If you can't build it safe, don't build it."

Perry's Locost Super Che7enette Build
Perry's TBird Based 5.0L Super 7 L.S.O
Perry's S10 Super 7 The 3rd
Perry's 4th Build The Topolino 500 (Little Mouse) Altered
Perry's 5th Build the Super Slant 6 Super 7
Perry's Final Build the 1929 Mercedes Gazelle

PostPosted: September 6, 2021, 10:06 am 

trialsmangasgas wrote:
Chuck, that 8th shingle from the right 12th row up is crooked!!!! Other than that great job. Russ

It is good that you can't see the other side then. Life is imperfect, just like my shed. :mrgreen:

Miatav8,MstrASE,A&P,F wrote:
Nice job! I’d jack it to add a full 8 inch standard block to the height and lay 6mil plastic sheet to reduce condensation collecting on the bottom of the floor from ground moisture. Probably trench the side sloping toward the shed to prevent water from ever flowing underneath down the hill.

Trade offs, trade offs. I have landscape fabric under the shed that will allow collected water to percolate down rather than hold puddles of water. The skids, floor joists, 3/4" ply floor and the bottom wall plate are of treated wood. I chose to elevate the shed slightly to allow ventilation underneath too. I might have to do something to keep animals from homesteading there. The ground under the left forward pad is about 6+ inches higher than between the right center and rear pads. Any water that happens to "flow" under the shed should flow right out.

horchoha wrote:
Good on you Chuck, building my cistern/pumphouse this spring I know exactly what you're talking about (and how you feel at night).
Votaren is my friend and the pillows will absorb tears of pain :lol:

I followed your cistern/pumphouse build. Very nice! I was pleasantly surprised at how relatively good I actually felt after each day. I was expecting a lot more pain. I did run out of steam and my brain was not functioning right the day of my post. Yesterday I took the day off and seem to be thinking more clearly. My right (hammer) hand appears to be slightly swollen and has my normal finger stiffness. I have never heard of Voltarin. I'll have to check that out. Tough getting older but sure beats the alternative.

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: October 6, 2021, 10:51 am 

I'm still here. Finally, a month later, the shed is officially done. Sided, doors built, installed and caulked , ramps built, etc. I still need to get the inspector out to sign off on it and then put in some shelving.

I have about a month's work to do on the house before I can get back to working on the car. That usually means 2 months or more. :ack: :BH: :puke:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: October 6, 2021, 11:47 am 

Shed looks nice :cheers:

http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=20899

PostPosted: November 8, 2021, 7:27 am 

I came on here to see what you’ve been up to. Wood working. Looks good, I like the doors. Is it big enough?

My build : http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtop ... 35&t=17160

MGB/GT V8 5.0L. viewtopic.php?f=36&t=20782

PostPosted: November 8, 2021, 12:58 pm 

Hey Steve. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I am really sorry to say Nothing has been done on the MG for quite some time. WE had some painting done, closet doors to hang, then shopping and arranging for new carpeting,, which means I have to replace some tile work before hand. Then there was the Estate sale which took several weeks to arrange and execute. We still need to get rid of stuff that didn't sell. A home to sell, and inherited accounts to transfer twice. still in the process of that. Fall garden cleanup and leaves to mulch etc. Now as Xmas is coming up, I have gifts to make, and shop for. And.....and....and....

I hope to get back on the MG sometime in mid to late Dec or at the latest. I told my wife I was done with home stuff and need to get back to the car. She agreed.

The shed is actually too small for what it needs to be, but is any shed really big enough? :roll:

PostPosted: November 8, 2021, 1:32 pm 

rx7locost wrote:
Hey Steve. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I am really sorry to say Nothing has been done on the MG for quite some time. WE had some painting done, closet doors to hang, then shopping and arranging for new carpeting,, which means I have to replace some tile work before hand. Then there was the Estate sale which took several weeks to arrange and execute. We still need to get rid of stuff that didn't sell. A home to sell, and inherited accounts to transfer twice. still in the process of that. Fall garden cleanup and leaves to mulch etc. Now as Xmas is coming up, I have gifts to make, and shop for. And.....and....and....

I hope to get back on the MG sometime in mid to late Dec or at the latest. I told my wife I was done with home stuff and need to get back to the car. She agreed.

The shed is actually too small for what it needs to be, but is any shed really big enough? :roll:

Good to hear your keeping busy. There are a million and 1 things to steal your time. Mine will be kicking in soon too with my youngest playing club volleyball. She’s trying to make it on a local high schools team.

My build : http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtop ... 35&t=17160

MGB/GT V8 5.0L. viewtopic.php?f=36&t=20782

PostPosted: November 22, 2021, 11:19 am 

Looking like I'll get back to this build starting in Jan. I did some exterior door trim rot repair. And some painting and trim staining on the main stairway before the carpeting comes

Then decided to replace some tile by the 8 ft patio door to the deck before the carpeting install.

I chose LVT. Of course I couldn't find much info for my intended application. 3 sides will be exposed to meet up with carpeting. The LVT is supposed to be a floating floor. No transition material was available. I had to wing it. I removed the old tile down to the 1/4" ply that was used to stabilize the tile. Once done, I had to trim that ply to the size of my new flooring pattern leaving about 1/4" overhang of the tile. Why don't those guys just use standard tile sizes? I decided to add a small piece of carpet tape where each of the tiles met in hopes of helping it stay locked over time. When that was completed, I added some floor leveling compound to fill the 1/4 x1/4" gap around the perimeter. It is now ready for carpeting to be laid up to the edge of the tile with no transition piece.

Turkey day and a couple of Xmas gatherings are right around the corner. I still have shopping to do and a gift to make. When son #2 comes for Xmas, we'll add some shelving to the shed. Then, maybe then, I'll get some time to clean the garage and start back on the mods necessary for the auto trans.

BTW, I just turned 69 years old this week. Woo Hooooo :yay:

Here's to wishing everyone a great Thanksgiving! :cheers:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: November 23, 2021, 12:45 pm 

Happy Birthday, Thanksgiving & Christmas!
:cheers:
All of the above (not my birthday) have kept me from finding some time to get back to work on the Rotus.

http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=20899

PostPosted: November 23, 2021, 5:25 pm 
Automotive Encyclopedia

Happy Birthday Chuck.
Bring me back something nice....

LxWxHt
360LA 442E: 134.5x46x15
Lotus7:115x39x7.25
Tiger Avon:114x40x13.3-12.6
Champion/Book:114x42x11
Gibbs/Haynes:122x42x14
VoDou:113x44x14
McSorley 442:122x46x14
Collins 241:127x46x12

PostPosted: November 23, 2021, 8:55 pm 

rx7locost wrote:
BTW, I just turned 69 years young this week. Woo Hooooo :yay:

Fixed it ;)

Happy Birthday and Happy Hollidays!

PostPosted: November 23, 2021, 9:51 pm 

Thanks for the well-wishes guys. :cheers:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 53  Next