LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 16, 2024, 3:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 13, 2021, 7:20 pm 

Could subscribers confirm a source and part number for an Alli.lt. Wt. flywheel for the Ford 3.0 Duratec v6 engine?
I have a number from Fidenza, their listing for this part number says Ford Taurus 1988 to 1995. My engine is out of a 2006 Ford Freestyle.
I intend to adapt a T5 5 speed for a "north/south installation to the rear axle. Too expensive to end up with the wrong flywheel.
Thanks, look forward to replies. mantisMan20

PostPosted: February 10, 2021, 2:48 pm 

Did they make the Duratech 3.0 that far back? I would almost think that would be a flywheel for a SHO V6 instead. I have no idea if that would fit a Duratech if that's the case.
Kristian

PostPosted: February 10, 2021, 3:29 pm 

The Duratec 30 wasn't introduced to Ford vehicles until 1996. So, I'd do more checking with your dimensions for bolt circle, OD, ring gear teeth, before ordering.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Dura ... Duratec_30

PostPosted: February 10, 2021, 4:38 pm 

The Taurus' in that era had either a Vulan or Essex V6, so I doubt the flywheel would fit a Duratec. Don't quote me on this, but I would guess a Contour or Mystique V6 flywheel might be the one you want, but they only came with the 2.5 L, or if you could find a listing for an Escape with the 3.0L that would work. Rockauto is a gold mine for seeing what fits what, but unfortunately the listing for the Escape with a manual gearbox doesn't show any flywheels, so cross referencing it doesn't work.

PostPosted: February 10, 2021, 5:46 pm 

Thanks for all your input, would appear that a 2000 Ford Contour SVT is what I will need to complete the T5 to engine coupling.
Appreciate the suggestions and help given.
Just for interest sake I will be driving a PerTronics distributor off the one cam shaft and will use a BMW(or similar ) electric water pump
in the "north/south engine installation.

PostPosted: February 10, 2021, 6:13 pm 

Sounds interesting. What's it going into?

I had thought about using the Duratec V6 in my current project (B GT) but elected to go with a Zetec as I have already converted one to north/south. I have an adapter from a guy in Wales to mount an RX8 gearbox to the Zetec, but he also does adapters for the Duratec/Jag AJ-V6.

PostPosted: February 11, 2021, 3:40 pm 

The B GT sounds interesting. My last project just prior to the recently completed Lister Jag was an Elan +2 .With a couple of mods ,best guess was around 200bhp.
The car was quick to say the least. Used a locally made engine management system for the fuel/ignition system and 42mm throttle bodies horizontally mounted VW after market units.
Would highly recommend a light weight flywheel assy. (Fidanza) stock cams and a good exhaust headers to make this marvelous engine come alive. Pictures??

My next project(just started) is my version of the HWM "Stovebolt" or the HWM Alta Jag. Will use current modern everything except for the body look which
I have a few ideas on to change to make it mine or different!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: February 11, 2021, 3:43 pm 

cs3tcr wrote:
The Taurus' in that era had either a Vulan or Essex V6, so I doubt the flywheel would fit a Duratec. Don't quote me on this, but I would guess a Contour or Mystique V6 flywheel might be the one you want, but they only came with the 2.5 L, or if you could find a listing for an Escape with the 3.0L that would work. Rockauto is a gold mine for seeing what fits what, but unfortunately the listing for the Escape with a manual gearbox doesn't show any flywheels, so cross referencing it doesn't work.

The Escape only came with a stick with the 4cyl.

The Mazda6 V6 used a 3.0 Duratec with a manual transmission, and the Contour V6 flywheels will work as well.

Here's one from Exedy:

https://www.streetunit.com/Exedy_Flywhe ... /zf503.htm

Here's one from SPEC:

https://www.vividracing.com/spec-alumin ... 79474.html

Another option that would require no additional adaptation is the transmission from a manual Lincoln LS. It came with a 3.0 Duratec and a Getrag 221 5 speed. car-part.com is showing about 18 of those tranmissions available for $300-500 or so. Seems like that'd be cheaper than getting a T5 and adapting it.

PostPosted: February 11, 2021, 4:22 pm 

Quote:
Pictures??

Here's the previous Zetec install:

And the current Zetec as it sits (won't be transplanted until March):

The Europa has a Megajolt ignition system, while the Zetec going into the B has a Speeduino, though I'll only be using the ignition side for the time being. The Europa is a rocket, but unfortunately it rarely gets driven.

Is your Plus 2 the one that came out of British Properties? I went to that house to view the TF that was in the attic/mezzanine, and had a look at the +2 and Europa that were part of the estate.

The HWM sounds interesting, are you going to make a 1 1/2 seater or a monoposto?

PostPosted: February 11, 2021, 6:51 pm 

Yes ,I purchased the Elan and the V12 E Type .The Europa I believe went to some one local, Surrey?? You know about the TF.
Sold the Jag to a buyer up in the interior. Had to part with a 550 Spyder kit and my Seven to make room for all this stuff. Miss that Seven !!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: February 13, 2021, 10:02 pm 

Fidenza

I used half an automatic case and made an adapter plate.

the plate mounts a Supra 5 speed

PostPosted: February 15, 2021, 12:03 am 

Very nice looking bit of CNC work. What are you using for the clutch bearing?
Have just spent the last week re-aligning the clutch assy.(was out of center by 50 thou.) No clutch shudder, just lost
clutch fluid on the hydraulic clutch bearing where the seal would pass over the worn inner sleeve. What a pain!!