LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 28, 2024, 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 10, 2006, 10:49 am 
SOLD! Thanks for the interest!!! :D

*EDIT* - I forgot a few items!

Hey guys!

Been a while since I posted here, I've been busy though - just not w/the Locost. It's funny how things happen in life. Just as I was really getting into my Locost build, I was offered another project for waaay too cheap to pass up. My original intentions were to turn it around for a profit, but after working(obsessing? :lol: )on it for over a month, I've come to the realization that it has everything I'd hoped for from my Locost & even more really(it's already a running/driving car *and* has a heater/roof!).

Anyway, I really don't need 3-project cars crowding my 2-car garage, plus I could use the $ for my new toy, so I'm reluctantly puttling the Locost F/S.

Here's the build thread: http://locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=548

I'll offer everything separately, or as one big package.

The frame is a book-sized chassis w/a custom IRS setup designed to work with the Porsche 924 transaxel. Though it could easily be used for other IRS setups...or cut it out for a normal live-axel. I realize there's not much value in this, but I'd like to get my costs of tubing/wire out of it. I also have a bunch of scrap sheet aluminum for the body panels. $250obo

I'll also offer all the front suspension/brake/steering parts I have as one kit for anyone doing a bike-based build. This included the Porsche 924 manual steering rack(one good original boot + one brand new boot included), steering column w/stalks & ignition, wheel(missing center pad), uprights(would need upper baljoint adaptors, but they do have the speedo drive right off the hub!)rotors/bearings & 2-sets of calipers. $125obo

Porsche 924 4-speed transaxel w/good axel shafts, shortened torque-tube, shift linkage, and adaptor/clutch/flywheel/starter to adapt a VW 1.8L engine to the 924 tube. $125obo

4-R6 shocks, 2 with linkage assemblies. Bought off ebay for ~$150-total. $125 obo

Porsche 924 wheels, I have 5 of the orignial 7-spoke 14"x6" wheels. 4 of them have the original center caps & all are in good shape. $100obo

Complete package: Everything above PLUS - VW Fox radiator converted to work w/Locost. Full-set of VDO gauges. 924 fuse panel & wiring harness. Pedal cluster. All extra 924 brake/hub/misc. parts I have. Brand-new heim joints for control arms. All misc. bracketry/parts/pieces/etc. $500

Bring a pickup and/or trailer and Load Up - or I can deliver for a fee!!!

I also have access to another 924 parts-car if there's any other bits you would want.

Please email me with questions/offers: petegossett@yahoo.com

Last edited by Pete Gossett on September 16, 2006, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10, 2006, 8:17 pm 

Congrats on finding a project more to your liking. Sucks to see another build bite the dust, but they say far more of these are started than finished. I hope you get what you are asking for it. Best of luck to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10, 2006, 10:09 pm 

e-mail has been sent!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 10, 2006, 11:18 pm 
Don't worry - this has been an awesome project & great learning opportunity...and I certainly haven't given up on the world of Locosts. There's always the future!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 13, 2006, 4:55 pm 

Shame to hear that Pete. I was looking forward to playing with you in DM next year at Rantoul. So what did you replace it with?