LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: October 10, 2018, 11:57 am 

As part of my project to remove clutter from my life, I'm getting rid of anything I haven't touched for ten years, on the premise that I won't touch it for the next ten either.

Waaay back when I was a CMC dealer, I got two sets of prepainted body parts from CMC, figuring I'd make a couple Locosts for sale in my copious free time, and here it is, a decade later.

I'm selling the scuttles and noses (which are identical to the Kinetic standard nose and scuttle...vise versa, actually) for 10% off the usual price, because red is not as good a background for painting as the standard white and I can use the storage space. Besides, you might like red.*

The fenders are a somewhat different story. I have one pair of the 11" and one pair of the 9" rears. They have the mounting flanges built in, so you can't adjust the width (as you can with the Kinetic rear fenders) and we can't ship them two to a box (again unlike the Kinetic fenders). If you have a CMC Locost with a dinged (or smooshed) rear fender, these are the last replacements available in the US, and maybe on the planet. $160 each for the 11" (same as the Kinetic rear fender and flange), $150 for the 9".

The CMC front fenders are $75 each.

If some of you guys with CMC Locosts would add some photos to this thread, showing how the CMC fenders look on a finished car, I'd appreciate it. Here are some pics of how they look in the attic, some wrapped, and some with a decade of dust, but that doesn't tell you a lot, other than that I've really got 'em.

* At my age and experience level, and the age and experience level of anyone I would consider as my bride, red would be the perfect color for a wedding gown, but for a Locost, not so much. I repainted my red one to BRG in the first month, and even in green, I quickly tired of saying, "Good afternoon, officer, what seems to be the problem?"

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: October 10, 2018, 3:40 pm 

While my car's not finished yet, I still do have some pictures of CMC fenders & nose on the car. I bought a bunch of body parts from CMC, just as they were going out of business. Actually, after taking my money, they vanished entirely, not answering emails, phone calls, etc. I was forced to use a "trump card" (contacted the local Chief of Police there, and had him send a couple of detectives out to have a little "chat" with him).

I received some of my parts, and a check for the rest, as a result of the officers' visit. It would appear that they predicted "dire consequences" would befall him in the event that the check bounced.

It didn't.

Here are a couple of pics that show what the CMC rear fenders (& nose) look like, if it helps.

Knowing the rarity of these parts, plus the fact that the car's been built specifically to fit them, I wish I had the financial ability at present to buy them from you. I dread the thought that one of them might get damaged beyond repair, as I'd have no available options whatsoever. Unfortunately, fortunes of circumstance dictate that I'm simply not able to afford them at the present.

Attachment:
Paintwork 1 small.jpg

Attachment:
Paintwork 2 small.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

http://zetec7.webs.com/

PostPosted: October 10, 2018, 4:21 pm 

I had CMC nose and fenders on the R1 7. Fenders were the narrow 9"

Attachment:
bye 1.jpg

OOPS I did it again
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=17496

Blood Sweat and Beers
http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=15216

PostPosted: October 10, 2018, 10:32 pm 

zetec7 wrote:
While my car's not finished yet, I still do have some pictures of CMC fenders & nose on the car. I bought a bunch of body parts from CMC, just as they were going out of business. Actually, after taking my money, they vanished entirely, not answering emails, phone calls, etc. I was forced to use a "trump card" (contacted the local Chief of Police there, and had him send a couple of detectives out to have a little "chat" with him).

I received some of my parts, and a check for the rest, as a result of the officers' visit. It would appear that they predicted "dire consequences" would befall him in the event that the check bounced.

It didn't.

Here are a couple of pics that show what the CMC rear fenders (& nose) look like, if it helps.

Knowing the rarity of these parts, plus the fact that the car's been built specifically to fit them, I wish I had the financial ability at present to buy them from you. I dread the thought that one of them might get damaged beyond repair, as I'd have no available options whatsoever. Unfortunately, fortunes of circumstance dictate that I'm simply not able to afford them at the present.

Attachment:
Paintwork 1 small.jpg

Attachment:
Paintwork 2 small.jpg

If you're ever in my neck of the woods, I've got a set of CMC fenders I'll probably never use. I don't think I have any pictures of them on my car though, they never got past the mock-up stage.
Kristian

PostPosted: October 11, 2018, 11:27 pm 

Thank you zetec7 and TooBusy, that was just what I needed. And zetec7, regarding CMC business practices, I'd just like to say, "Man, aren't those Lakers having a great season?"

And all y'all, I hear your fear re future fender replacements, and all I can say is, there's not enough call (like zero in ten years) for CMC replica rear fenders to justify tooling up molds for replacements.

PostPosted: October 12, 2018, 11:36 am 

Slightly off topic, but related . . .

Are you now (or do you plan on) building clamshell fenders from the molds previously developed by your friends at Curtis Unlimited?

Cheers,

Build Log: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5886

PostPosted: October 12, 2018, 1:49 pm 

Lonnie-S wrote:
Are you now (or do you plan on) building clamshell fenders from the molds previously developed by your friends at Curtis Unlimited?
I do! And have been doing so for about a year. Fay is renting me her molds for those fenders, both standard and 3" wider than standard, $125 each and $145 each, respectively.

Crappy weather will be here soon, and I'll sit down and update my web site then.

PostPosted: November 12, 2018, 11:07 am 

PM’ed about front fenders.

PostPosted: November 13, 2018, 6:39 pm 

Jack -- Website is down? Wanted to send a person to your site 'cause he was interested in your Lalo efforts... Tim W

Louisville, KY
Hayes front, S10 +2 rear, Lalo body.

PostPosted: November 15, 2018, 7:47 pm 

No, my web site is up and running fine. I checked from a bunch of different browsers (including the one on my phone) and there I am. Hey y'all Locosters, is anybody else having troubles logging on to <kineticvehicles.com>?

PostPosted: November 15, 2018, 7:56 pm 

No problems, site opens up fine for me. (win 10 w/firefox)

PostPosted: November 16, 2018, 10:20 am 

Works fine now.... Thanks!

Louisville, KY
Hayes front, S10 +2 rear, Lalo body.

PostPosted: November 16, 2018, 2:35 pm 

"If you're ever in my neck of the woods, I've got a set of CMC fenders I'll probably never use. I don't think I have any pictures of them on my car though, they never got past the mock-up stage.
Kristian"

Thanks, Kristian!! Next time I'm headed up that way, I'll look you up!

http://zetec7.webs.com/

PostPosted: November 29, 2018, 3:21 pm 

Re the clamshells, what's the overall width of the standards and the plus-3s? Actually, if you have the width of the standards I can probably figure out the width of the plus-3s. Probably.

PostPosted: November 30, 2018, 4:15 am 

nick47 wrote:
Re the clamshells, what's the overall width of the standards and the plus-3s? Actually, if you have the width of the standards I can probably figure out the width of the plus-3s. Probably.

X2
Interested in the specs as well! :-D