LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MCC 7 for sale
PostPosted: July 16, 2021, 5:11 pm 

Located in Georgetown outside Toronto. Sorry to the US, but theres no way to cross so this is open to Canadians only. I have the demo MCC 7 as built by Ken Howatson and the Feijer brothers depending on what part of the story you think is true. It is powered by a Toyota 2tg Engine with side draft carbs. Up until a couple years ago it was a running driving car but I broke the diff. In fixing the diff, I added an LSD disk brake rear end from an ae86, long shaft T50 trans and changed the engine from 1.6l to 1.9l by mixing in a crank and rods from a Toyota 3t engine. Its a really long story. In the middle of all that was a heart attack and a demand to take it easy so I decided to make it fuel injection (microsquirt). 3/4 of the way there but Ive lost my steam to complete. Its a rolling chasis that needs to have the wiring and tuning completed or put back the carbs and distributor. I have tons of parts including the clamshell fenders extra shocks etc etc. Seats by JK composites in England. Have a guy who wants the driveline. Will sell the frame, cowl, bonnet, etc as one, or complete. $6K Cdn with the microsquirt stuff $5200 without. Can help transport or for some extra$ supply a trailer that was built to move the 7 around. Shown in the picture.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: MCC 7 for sale
PostPosted: July 22, 2021, 8:16 am 

Is that a naked angel on the front? Wow,racy...

SOLD: Locost-Turbo 280HP
SOLD: Locost CBR1000 powered autocrosser
SOLD: Locost R1 powered

PostPosted: July 22, 2021, 11:13 am 

I recently sold a car to a used car dealer in Canada. He said crossing the border with a commercial car hauler was a fairly easy task. Dealer was in Medicine Hat and car was dropped off in Spokane, Wa. directly to the hauler. Just a thought. The car was an unlicensed sports racer and I supplied just a bill of sale.

My build log viewtopic.php?f=36&t=10658&start=0 NOW NAMED =The Wycked 7

My other build log viewtopic.php?f=18&t=15162 The Skayt'R6

PostPosted: July 22, 2021, 11:21 am 

The border is opening up August 9. That is so close, that you should be able to sell it across the border.

PostPosted: July 22, 2021, 11:38 am 

Hello,
Can you provide a phone number I can reach you at?
Thank you, Mel

PostPosted: July 23, 2021, 11:45 am 

DaveM wrote:
The border is opening up August 9. That is so close, that you should be able to sell it across the border.

Looks like that was yesterdays news. Push that out a couple weeks. Damn this pandemic.

PostPosted: July 24, 2021, 10:23 pm 

Border is a PIA. Yanks can come north in 2 weeks but the the Cannucks cant go south. I know early in the covid lockdowns Canada had higher virus rates per capita than the US but now were out vaccineing the US. Plus were Canadian. Aside from the Biebs what have we ever done bad to the US?

PostPosted: July 24, 2021, 10:27 pm 

spitfun wrote:

Yes it is a naked angel. Story I heard was that Ken Howatson had a drinking buddy that did airbrush art. So they decided that a very well endowed angel should be on the nose. With the MCC7 logo too. I was at an autocross and a couple of ladies mentioned that it was offensive so I used to put suction cup tassels on her. They were fun to watch when driving.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: July 25, 2021, 2:13 pm 
Automotive Encyclopedia

Those aren’t real. Definitely aftermarket. Tassels would be awesome.

I find people who think I care more about what they think than what I think highly offensive.

"Offensive you say? Honey, don’t flatter yourself. ”

I’ve considered building a shorty panel van with shag carpet and a nice mural for the ladies. You know, out of mutual respect.

LxWxHt
360LA 442E: 134.5x46x15
Lotus7:115x39x7.25
Tiger Avon:114x40x13.3-12.6
Champion/Book:114x42x11
Gibbs/Haynes:122x42x14
VoDou:113x44x14
McSorley 442:122x46x14
Collins 241:127x46x12

PostPosted: July 25, 2021, 9:10 pm 

alkidd wrote:
spitfun wrote:

Yes it is a naked angel. Story I heard was that Ken Howatson had a drinking buddy that did airbrush art. So they decided that a very well endowed angel should be on the nose. With the MCC7 logo too. I was at an autocross and a couple of ladies mentioned that it was offensive so I used to put suction cup tassels on her. They were fun to watch when driving.

Hilarious

SOLD: Locost-Turbo 280HP
SOLD: Locost CBR1000 powered autocrosser
SOLD: Locost R1 powered

PostPosted: July 27, 2021, 10:11 pm 

Get enough spam. Wouldnt post that online but I sent you a pm

2little2late wrote:
Hello,
Can you provide a phone number I can reach you at?
Thank you, Mel

PostPosted: August 1, 2021, 7:14 pm 

alkidd wrote:
Located in Georgetown outside Toronto. Sorry to the US, but theres no way to cross so this is open to Canadians only. I have the demo MCC 7 as built by Ken Howatson and the Feijer brothers depending on what part of the story you think is true. It is powered by a Toyota 2tg Engine with side draft carbs. Up until a couple years ago it was a running driving car but I broke the diff. In fixing the diff, I added an LSD disk brake rear end from an ae86, long shaft T50 trans and changed the engine from 1.6l to 1.9l by mixing in a crank and rods from a Toyota 3t engine. Its a really long story. In the middle of all that was a heart attack and a demand to take it easy so I decided to make it fuel injection (microsquirt). 3/4 of the way there but Ive lost my steam to complete. Its a rolling chasis that needs to have the wiring and tuning completed or put back the carbs and distributor. I have tons of parts including the clamshell fenders extra shocks etc etc. Seats by JK composites in England. Have a guy who wants the driveline. Will sell the frame, cowl, bonnet, etc as one, or complete. $6K Cdn with the microsquirt stuff $5200 without. Can help transport or for some extra$ supply a trailer that was built to move the 7 around. Shown in the picture.

Was the 7 registered and insured in Ontario?

PostPosted: August 2, 2021, 1:28 pm 

Don't be afraid of the MegaSquirt, I can have that running and tuned in 2 days! :D

Registration is a biggie in some states, is it titled as a special construction or a Lotus?

PostPosted: August 3, 2021, 11:49 am 

Hello

Interested in buying your 7. Any other way to contact you? Phone , text,
email?

contact me at trdoptions@yahoo.com

Regards
larry

PostPosted: August 10, 2021, 11:38 pm 

alkidd wrote:
Sorry to the US, but theres no way to cross so this is open to Canadians only.

Those of you in the US may want to do some research regarding the rules for importing completed kit cars. When I researched it several years ago, US regulations prohibited the importation of completed kit cars. On the other hand, it is possible to import completed kit cars into Canada if they are at least 15 years past their completion date.