LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently May 12, 2024, 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 8, 2013, 12:31 am 

FWIW, there's a Chicago SCCA Solo event at Route 66 Raceway in Joliet on Sept 22nd. There should be a couple of us with Locost type cars there that day.

Thanks,
Jeff

PostPosted: September 8, 2013, 9:19 am 

Sorry to say that the turnout was abysmal, but we knew that going in. FastG and his buddy came over and that was it. We traded stories for a couple hours, ran out for lunch, and said out goodbye's. It was good to meet FastG. No pics. no video. Nothing but memories now.

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: September 8, 2013, 12:22 pm 
We are Slotus!

cashmo wrote:
FWIW, there's a Chicago SCCA Solo event at Route 66 Raceway in Joliet on Sept 22nd. There should be a couple of us with Locost type cars there that day.
Does that include the current D Mod National Champion, and/or the D Mod Ladies National Champion?

If so, somebody take pictures!

Congrats on the win, Jeff, well done! And the same to your bride! Good on both of ya!
:cheers:
JDK

"Gonzo and friends: Last night must have been quite a night. Camelot moments, mechanical marvels, Rustoleum launches, flying squirrels, fru-fru tea cuppers, V8 envy, Ensure catch cans -- and it wasn't even a full moon." -- SeattleTom

PostPosted: September 12, 2013, 3:52 pm 

Why, yes it does. :wink:

For those who don't autocross, they take your single best run out of 3 runs per day and combine those two for your total time. I had a 1/2 second lead going into the second day and was just trying to get a clean first run in on Friday. Unfortunately I over slowed and hit one of the last cones on the course. On my second run the steering rack broke near the end of the run and I limped it across with a slow time. Del Long, the original car builder, and some other Milwaukee region buddies helped fix it before my last run came up. We had about 4 threads of a bolt left to use after it sheared off. I also missed when guessing at a quick toe alignment and it had a lot of toe in. The steering wheel was off center so lefts seemed easy but it felt like it didn't want to turn right. We managed to get it to the start line in time, I put down a clean run fast enough to get back in the lead and then waited to see if it would get surpassed. Fortunately for me it didn't and I manged to hang on for the win. Needless to say I bought a bunch of drinks for everyone who helped last night at the banquet. :)

Results are up and below is the video web feed which is still available. You can click on the time line under the camera view to skip ahead of the C-Stock cars as they ran with us in the same heat. I'm car #97, yellow car/yellow helmet.

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/38334489 start of heat 5.
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/38335189 the rest of the story.