LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 29, 2024, 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 20, 2008, 12:12 pm 
Man of Constant Hazard

My Darling Wife offered to make nachos if I wanted to invite a bunch of "stinky boys" over to the house one weekend. I like nachos, so y'all are invited! :lol:

I'm thinking of Saturday, February 9 to 16. (Could stretch/move to Friday/Sunday if there's interest.) I know there are at least 7 builders within a few hours of Lexington, Kentucky, (Chet, ERTurbo, Jamscal, Rivera, Dahlberg, Gene, Hempy...others?) so we should be able to gather some pretty fun brainpower together and have a good time to boot. We can meet in my garage, and you can tell me everything I'm doing wrong, eat DW's fine food, and hopefully we'll all learn a thing or two.

If Gene or Mark (or any other Lex-local lurkers) have something in their skunkworks to show off, we could have our own little tour-de-force.

I see this more of a workshop day than a gathering or cruise, since most (all?) of us are still building. Oh, yeah...and because it will be about 20 degrees outside! ;-) (Yes, the shop has heat!)

So, sound off if you'd like to come, and if either of those dates do *not* work for you. If both don't work, name a day that does. With only a half-dozen guys, I think we'll be able to accommodate everyone.

Off to play now,
-dave

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway
Visit my [Locost 7 build log]

Last edited by dhempy on April 2, 2008, 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 21, 2008, 1:10 am 

Dave that's a great idea, but before I commit I'll have to check the dates with my work schedule. I'll also need a week or two to get my stink on. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 21, 2008, 1:33 am 
Louisville's luckEseven Lauds Locosts

I also need to check my work schedule before I can fully commit to the 9th or 16th. I've been waiting to hear my fate from my boss as to what my next event will be, but as per usual racing deals, it's all still up in the air pre-season! My gut tells me that the earlier date may be better, so I'll put my vote in for the 9th.

One thing that is for sure is that I'm definitely looking forward to kicking some deflated-donor or non-existent, yet-to-be-ordered virtual Locost tires!

*Make way for the luckEseven!

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 21, 2008, 3:13 am 
Man of Constant Hazard

Sounds good, guys. BTW, I'm not married to the weekend...I can shift my schedule around if a weekday happens to work better for everyone.

-dave

ps. I think the "Lounge" bit in this thread is a good thing. I noticed the Google Ads aren't about tools and cars, per usual, but rather some curvy little thing selling...well, I don't know what she's selling, but I don't care! ;-)

...nowadays people are so intellectually lazy and lethargic that they can't build ANYTHING with their hands. They'll spend hours watching whiny people marooned on an island, but won't spend a second adding anything to the world. -weconway

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 29, 2008, 1:19 pm 

I'm in for the 9th or the 16th, but the 9th prolly works better for me.

PS- Chet, seems to working now, thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 29, 2008, 9:09 pm 

Debbie and I will come.
Any day works for me except Feb 17 (Daytona 500).

Gene

http://www.scrabblegod.com/locost

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 29, 2008, 9:23 pm 

I got a tentative yes from the wifey regarding the 9th. She doesn't like to spend the night here alone with our 3 kids, but I might be able to convince her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 30, 2008, 2:45 am 
Man of Constant Hazard

Okay, then...February 9th at my place!

If you think you're coming, reply here or PM me and I'll get the directions to you off-list.

I'll be here all day, and everyone is welcome whenever. Let me know if you want to show up early, drive in for lunch, be back home for dinner, stay up all night, and we'll try to co-ordinate more-or-less. You bring the bellies, we'll feed 'em.

I'm game for whatever you guys want...just don't show up before 9! (a morning person I am not!)

-dave "guess I really need to clean up the garage now" hempy

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 30, 2008, 3:00 am 

If you need a hand moving stuff around before then, just give a hollar.

Gene

http://www.scrabblegod.com/locost

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 1, 2008, 11:56 pm 

Reminder for Chet: you only have another week to build up a good funk.

If any of you fellas plan to bring your arm candy, they are welcome to spend the day in the house with me. There can be crafty things to do, movies to watch, places in Lexington to visit (for SHOPPING!) and other such things to keep us occupied while you belch the alphabet and light your farts with Dave's welder in the Garage Mahal.

I'm a knitter, crocheter, quilter, stamper, cross stitcher, jewelrymaker, and polymer clay newbie. I think I left out a few other hobbies - with so many it's hard to keep track. The point is that I'm pretty sure I can entertain anyone with a notion to create, and the comfy couch and TV will entertain anyone with a notion to just chill out. (I do love a good movie marathon....)

Welcome in advance, Loungers!

ps. I'm David's arm candy. :)

Last edited by jhempy on February 2, 2008, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 2, 2008, 12:19 am 

:lol:

Thanks, but the arm candy is staying home watching the rugrats.

Post subject: Timing details
PostPosted: February 5, 2008, 7:54 pm 
Man of Constant Hazard

Okay - More details on the Lexington Locost Lounge...

Since people have asked for details on time and such, I'm posting the Lounge's Hours Of Operation.

Hours of Operation: 11 am - 3 pm, with lunch served around noon.

There. Now you've got a target. But that doesn't mean you're not welcome all day long! Drop by earlier (well, a little earlier...you might get a grumpy welcome at 9 am) and stay all night if you want. You'll tire out before me, I promise! If folks are still hanging around at 5 or 6, we'll go out to dinner at Logan's Roadhouse.

The agenda is wide open...bring your photo albums, drawings, parts, or nothing at all. Anyone driving a Locost in gets free double desert! Certainly bring questions and stories to share.

I'll have my shop and build on display for everyone to poke fun at. I've got some minor rear end and tunnel mods to show off and to seek critique on. I've also got Jack McCornack's PVC suspension simulator on the car to demo, including his quick-adjust upper control arms. Details on the build (pretty well up to date) can be found at viewtopic.php?t=2741

Please shoot me a message off-list for the secret man-cave location...and so I have an idea how many are coming.

See you this Saturday,
-dave

Post subject: Awww Man...
PostPosted: February 9, 2008, 1:26 am 

I just got you message today... works been crazy <it's where I do most of my dream racing...> I'm heading to Chicago this weekend, otherwise I would have come for sure. Maybe next time. Thanks for the invite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 9, 2008, 11:33 pm 
Man of Constant Hazard

What a great day! :-)

Thanks to Mark, Emile, Gene, Paul, and Matt for coming by the shop today. I really enjoyed the company and learned a thing or to two in the process. I'm looking forward to seeing most of you at some Autocrosses this year. Eventually in the Seven, but for now I think I'll just swipe Sweetie's Civic when she's not looking. :twisted:

We'll do this again,
-dave

ps. Special thanks to my lovely wife for the great Chili! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 10, 2008, 1:27 pm 

Dave,

Thanks again for having everyone over, I had a great time! My complements to the chef, the chili/cornbread/chocolate cupcakes were excellent! I was also impressed with your well-built garage, wish I had something that nice to work on my locost in!

It was also cool to finally meet Mark, and we even had a chance to check out his next project! Very exciting.

I learned a lot yesterday, including the fact that I'm not the only one who's figuring some of this out as I go along, which is good to know!

I look forward to meeting up again for the second LLL session, hopefully we'll all be a lot closer to DRIVING our cars to the meeting.

PS- When does the video release drop?