LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 27, 2024, 8:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 6, 2008, 11:48 am 

Well things are progressing slowly right now. All the major work is done so I am relaxing now and getting ready for Boy Scout camp and vacation. It looks like we will have between ten and twenty 7's of all types here in KC Aug. 30,31 for the festivies. Registration for the Sunday car show is now open at http://www.kcallbritish.com/. I still have not figured how much the Saturday BBQ is going to be yet but it will probably be around $9 to $12 each. More on that later. Russ Amos

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6, 2008, 1:38 pm 

$9 to $12, huh. I'm going to have to see how that fits in the budget. Let's see...fuel for 4200 miles round trip from Oregon, maybe some nights in motels...if you can keep it under $11 a person, sign me up, but $12? It might put me over the top...

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6, 2008, 4:06 pm 

For you , Jack , I'll make you a deal you can't refuse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 16, 2008, 8:49 am 

Well, it is 1 ½ months till the August 30-31 Midwest Se7ens Gathering, here in KC, and things are progressing quite well. I am still looking for more participants because the more the merrier. The Saturday Blat is all laid out, the Sunday car show and motorcycle trials demo is ready, and I am still trying to arrange the BBQ catering for the Saturday night get-together at my house. That is the reason for this note. If you are coming to this event and you have not contacted me previously, please contact me at trialsman@kc.rr.com as soon as possible. I need to get a count of people attending so I can get catering costs. You do not have to have a completed Se7en to come to this event-- just a love of the car.
Here is the latest schedule of events:

Friday Aug. 29
7-10pm Informal welcoming get together at my house in Shawnee, Ks;

Saturday Aug. 30
7:30-10am Pay-as-you-go breakfast at Sharps restaurant in Brookside, Mo.;
10am-2pm 125-150 mile blat around the local twisties with a lunch stop in historic Weston, Mo.;
2-6pm free time;
6-10pm BBQ/car wash/BS session at my house (BYOB) in Shawnee, Ks.;

Sunday Aug. 31
10am-3pm Kansas City All British Car And Motorcycle Show (http://kcallbritish.tripod.com/) at the KCI Marriott Hotel in Kansas City north. Se7ens are the “Featured Marque” at the show this year. At 2pm there will be a Motorcycle trials demo put on by members of the MidAmerica Trials Team (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj5UzEu1Gzc ) Awards will be handed out at 3pm. All Se7ens will receive special awards that I have made. The voting for these awards will be done by the Se7ens group. The 4 sub classes will be: Original Lotus Sevens, Caterhams, Kit Se7ens, and Locosts. In addition to these awards, all Se7ens are eligible for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place “show” awards based on the entire class. After the show we can go back to my house or go out to dinner or whatever.

Hope to see you there, Russ Amos