LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 28, 2024, 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 10, 2009, 8:10 pm 

I was reading Steyr's build log and noticed the post about Metal Meet, and just then put the connection together. Building a car= working with metal.....Duh...

I am hosting a MetalMeet at my place and thought it would be cool to invite any local Locosters that might be interested in learning about metal shaping. I hosted one last year and had 25 guys show up. Some drove their old cars which was a real treat to see. We will be doing different disciplines throughout the day, such as cutting in and welding a panel with OXY/ACET, pressing some 32 grill inserts out of stainless steel flat stock, some English wheel demonstrations, and whatever else a bunch of old farts can do with a pile of scrap tin and power tools.

It's from 8 AM till whenever on Saturday the 25th of April. If you would like directions to my place in Cave Creek AZ please PM me or email me Tom, at thomas at fiberspec dot com for the address. We will supply the lunch and soft drinks for everyone. Sorry, no alcoholic beverages while the three volatile ingredients are present; Old guys, sharp pieces of tin, and power tools.

If you have a Locost or a seven type car and don't bring it, we will make fun of you. :)

Tom

My short term memory is absolutely horrible and so is my short term memory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG16m2e4O6I

PostPosted: April 10, 2009, 9:13 pm 
Hack

Sweet! I wish I lived a little closer.

I've always been intrigued with metal shaping, but I've seen what it does to well-meaning guys like me. You start to form metal and before you know it you're buying $2k in antiquated metalforming tools and bathing every project in exsquisitely formed works of art. I don't need another addiction.

William

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time...