LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently March 28, 2024, 4:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: May 12, 2021, 1:44 pm 

rx7locost wrote:
Looking forward to it. I'll be in my DD as the mg is not quite ready for primetime. Best is maybe PBS. :D

As such, I can also run at the back of the pack with some basic tools and a cell phone in case it is needed. I can also help transport 2, maybe 3 others to dinner if the weather turns bad.

See you all soon.

Update: I woke up this morning and Linda asked why don't we rent a Dolly and tow it there and back. I actually had thought about it but for some reason I had decided to not even bring it up. Sooooo, long story short, sitting in my driveway is a U-Haul tow dolly. The MG will be making the trip right behind my Ford Escape tomorrow morning. :drive:

If she dies, she dies. I'll tow it back home. :cheers:

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: May 12, 2021, 2:55 pm 

that's great. I think you will have a lot more fun in the MGB.

Chris
Build: NA Miata based +221 Se7en

PostPosted: May 16, 2021, 1:31 pm 

I just wanted to let everyone know that we arrived home safe and sound. The Car ran fine with no issues other than overfilling the fuel tank and temporarily blocking off the air vent.That took a few minutes to clear. Otherwise we probably would have been home by noon. We had a very light rain just north of Jefferson City, but nothing like we drove in on Saturday.

I would again like to thank Chris for all his hard work putting this Gathering together. Mary and I had a great time renewing old acquaintances and making new ones.

It was good to see you all again.

Bill

PostPosted: May 16, 2021, 8:11 pm 

Good to hear that your trip was safe and quick. Linda and I got back around 5:30. The car is unloaded, the dolly returned and Culver's concrete mixers consumed. Our trip was uneventful to.

Our thanks go out to Chris for putting this all together and and his dad Dave who helped a bunch too.

On a side note, there were easily about 2 - 3 times as many Goblins there as there were 7's. Don't quote me. I didn't count. However , when the weather turned wet, there were only 2 brave souls who drove their Sevens and there were no Goblins. Congrats guys :cheers:

BTW, if you haven't looked at a Goblin before, they look like a real fun car.

“Any suspension will work if you don’t let it.” - Colin Chapman

Visit my ongoing MGB Rustoration log: over HERE

Or my Wankel powered Locost log : over HERE

And don't forget my Cushman Truckster resto Locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=17766

PostPosted: May 16, 2021, 8:29 pm 

Yes, we had an uneventful trip home too. Jane slept most of the 3 hour drive as our cold, wet Saturday drive wore her out. I'm a glutton for punishment as I spent a lot of the day Sunday riding my trials motorcycle in the pouring rain to compete in an event. Nobody ever said I was smart. Chris and his dad put on one heck of an event. So thank you very much. Russ and Jane

PostPosted: May 17, 2021, 10:46 am 

So sorry you guys got the heavy H2O treatment! This many consecutive days of rain is pretty unusual. But, this is the same time of year when we had that Flash Flood here in G'Ville four years ago. Still working on rehab of my Garage from that! I had a HS graduation to attend (Grand Daughter), but that was only a few hours out of one day. Who knew??? :shock:
https://www.ky3.com/2021/05/02/ky3-flas ... -may-2017/

PostPosted: May 17, 2021, 11:45 am 

Huge thanks to Chris and Co for putting on an amazing event. As I told him on Friday, I've done quite a few car cruises, but I've never had one organized so well that kept such a large number of cars together. I had an absolute blast trying to keep up with Chris and the Goblins, but also appreciated cruising with the Sevens on a few legs.

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures from the event. Mine were mostly close-ups of suspension geometries or other parts I wanted to remember when I get to those steps. I didn't get many good action shots of the group.

Another thank you for answering my questions, giving build suggestions, and letting me sit in some of your cars. It really bumped up my motivation to progress with my build so I can come down in a few years with my own Seven. I had a fantastic time, even though I was only down there Friday.

-Tony in the black Subaru Forester

PostPosted: May 17, 2021, 3:29 pm 

I saw some of the photos on the facebook group. It looks like you guys had a blast (despite the rain). I wish I could have been there. I had a graduation event to attend.

I hope to be in attendance with my 7 on the next go round. Definitely a motivator!

PostPosted: May 17, 2021, 5:34 pm 

Well Done Chris & crew! Excellent event that even rain showers couldn't dampen! ( as least for "some of us" :lol: ) Great to meet your dad and some of the "local" hooligans! Great roads for anyone who wants to visit the area. Wish I could have stayed for the dinner Sat. but life got in the way. Hope to see you again soon. P.S. I'll try getting by the track south of Harrisonville to see if I can get any info.

PostPosted: May 17, 2021, 9:54 pm 

so glad to see everyone who could make it. I will eventually get a few photos up. In the mean time you can see the photos that the Goblins have posted.

https://www.dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/meet-up-invite.2379/page-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdkbVLjQLiE

Chris

PostPosted: May 20, 2021, 12:31 pm 

Finally some time to sit down and post some photos. We had a great time on Thursday and Friday. Saturday, Bill, Russ and Chuck braved the rain, but everyone else stayed in. I am sorry the whole group wasn't able to fully enjoy the routes I had planned on Saturday. We had a good diverse group of cars. 5 Sevens, one was stuck at the hotel with a missing steering wheel, 9 Goblins, a couple corvettes, a mustang, two MGBs, and a couple of Jags. Big shout to out my Father for helping to plan the event and to Eric for bringing up the rear and hauling tools in case we needed them. Thankfully we didn't have any significant break downs and there were only a couple instances of people getting lost.

We did drive by the new track on Thursday but with the trees leafing out there isnt much to see other than a small sign by the road that was easily missed. Once the track opens, I will be talking with them about a seven / Goblin specific track day. I expect it to be busy and popular this fall but we may be able to fit something in during the week. I will let everyone know once they open it up for events.

On Friday after dinner we went to Hot Summer Nights Cruise in. Most of the local cars are American Muscle. It was nice to see some different cars there and lots of people stopped to talk about the Goblins and Sevens.

Here are some pictures I took and I pulled from the Goblin forum.

Attachment:
Midwest Gathering 5.13.2021 03.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chris

Last edited by FieroReinke on May 20, 2021, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: May 20, 2021, 12:34 pm 

Looks like a good time had by all.
Hoping I'm at or close to road legal by the next one.

http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=20899

PostPosted: May 20, 2021, 1:36 pm 

JAMADOR wrote:

We do need a volunteer for hosting the next one, interested?

Chris

PostPosted: May 20, 2021, 1:43 pm 

FieroReinke wrote:
JAMADOR wrote:

We do need a volunteer for hosting the next one, interested?

With 3 kids <10 & a Seven to build, not in the cards for me right now.

http://www.locostusa.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=20899

PostPosted: May 20, 2021, 3:55 pm 

you can do it, its good motivation to finish your build. I have three as well, 8, 5, and 2.

And I dont know if my car is punishing me or what, but now it won't start at all. worked great at the gathering, but now nothing.

:D :lol: :cheers:

Chris

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next