LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 16, 2024, 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Coming up with ideas.
PostPosted: August 1, 2022, 11:27 pm 

New here. Recently downloaded the Haynes Roadster book and haven't even acquired the steal yet. I have I couple of ideas that probably meant extra work to a finished car but I think should yield a unique and well performing car. First as a potential doner I have a e90 328i That has annoyed me and if it doesn't sell there are many parts I like about the car that may work well in a properly adapted chassis. Primarily the uprights and the front seats and maybe the diff but I'd an lsd. Next when Looking at drivetrains I've been gravitating towards motorcycles for the compact and light weight packaging but am not so sure about the lack of reverse on most options. I like the idea of the polished valve covers of the of a boxer type engine exposed through the side of the engine compartment that either a BMW r series or the Honda Goldwing can offer but am not sure the chassis will accept such a wide engine without having the compromise rigidity. In favor of the Goldwing is also the offering of an available DCT transmission which includes an engine driven reverse making it a very car like option and probably the cheapest way into a DTC which like it or not is where sportscars are going. My third idea isn't really mine but I've found a render I believe came from a Swedish company that is an Indy inspired take one the seven body using a more aerodynamic nose and more rounded body panels. I don't think it was ever built and I need to rework it for my purposes but the render is sexy as hell. This article contains the renders I'm referring to. https://silodrome.com/caterham-seven-custom-car/ I'm sure these Ideas come with many pitfalls I've yet to think off or that some that I have though of either aren't problems or already have solutions and I thank you for your input.