LocostUSA.com

Learning how to build Lotus Seven replicas...together!
It is currently April 18, 2024, 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 22, 2006, 12:29 am 

Hello all...a new member here with a quick question.

I'm planning a rotary-powered Locost and I've been trying to find info about whether a 13B with fuel injection needs an extra-height chassis. I've been all over the internet and this site and can't find a definitive answer. I'd like to stay with a book chassis if possible.

This site is great by the way...glad I stumbled across it. I've spent the last several nights reading just about every post here (much to my wife's displeasure ;)

Thanks in advance!

-chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22, 2006, 1:24 am 

Derf has a 13b in his book chassis and it looked to me to fit fine. When I saw his car it didn't have the bodywork on it, just the nosecone, but it looked to me to fit fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 22, 2006, 5:43 pm 
no you dont need an extra tall chassis, but with the fuel injected versions, depending on the model you might run into some hieght issues. My intake manifold touches my hood barely, just to the point that it will rub, I dont need to cut out the hood, but I will be adding a hood scoop to keep it from rubbing. I have an '88 13b na engine, after 89 the turbo versions will fit just fine. I could also have lowered my engine a little bit too. I also am going to have to modify the oil pan so that it wont hit any speed bumps.

If you have the chassis done and the scuttle and the nosecone you can figure out the engine mounts so that it will fit.

to sum it up when you build the car if you place the engine high then maybee, if you place it low then no